Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Saving Grid Spacing
When I save a drawing with a custom set of grid spacing values, when the file is reopened the grid spacing reverts back to the default values. How can I save the custom grid spacing values. Tnx
I don't think I've ever had (or maybe just didn't notice) that particular problem

Whenever I do a drawing with custom settings, and know I'll be doing something similar again, I usually save a preset "new" worksheet with all the customization already done. Sometimes I may even have a preformed shape already in place.

To do this open a new blank worksheet, make you custom changes and do a "save_as". Name your worksheet but save it in the "new" folder of the Deltacad program folder on your hard drive. When you open that worksheet all of your customization will be in tact.
(06-28-2019, 03:22 PM)williamj Wrote: I don't think I've ever had (or maybe just didn't notice) that particular problem

Whenever I do a drawing with custom settings, and know I'll be doing something similar again, I usually save a preset "new" worksheet with all the customization already done. Sometimes I may even have a preformed shape already in place.

To do this open a new blank worksheet, make you custom changes and do a "save_as". Name your worksheet but save it in the "new" folder of the Deltacad program folder on your hard drive. When you open that worksheet all of your customization will be in tact.
This situation is a little different. The drawing is a work in progress. When returning to resume work on it the grid spacing is at the default values and must be changed back each time the file is opened.
I see what you mean.  This is probably a question for Midnight Software.  It looks like it should be an easy fix/addition for them but it has been like this for years ( since version 3.1 ).
Oddly enough, just been dealing with this one - the first time I've used the grid for years.  I confirm that Options|Grid... does seem to retain the setting.
Okay. just did a quick test with VIEW/GRID. i  changed the GRID spacing to .125 (X and Y) and I also changed all "line" characteristics (line, shape, circle and spline) to THIN and saved the file. I opened the file and the changes I made were retained.
I created 3 different files with 3 different grid spacing using View/Grid and when I reopened each file the grid spacing always reverted back to the default.

If you use Options/Options/Grid then the files will open to the last grid settings.
I normally work with a quarter inch grid spacing, I opened a different file and the quarter inch spacing was retained.
c1sanford:  If you use the same grid settings on all your drawings then use Options/Options/Grid to set your spacings.