Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting this file the correct size
I have electric guitar pickup drawings done in deltacad(which i have done for dozens of my designs in the past with no trouble ) This file was given to me & i wanted to use it but I'm having trouble getting it the correct size when exporting it to other software to be cutout with my  laser cutter . in my other sofware like inkscape it shows up just massive when it should be around 73mm long ,Also the text is really tiny .  not sure if i can upload the file here ?? what format is ok ? .   please help !!!!    

Attached Files
.dc   Tele bridge bottom.dc (Size: 1.56 KB / Downloads: 4)
I'm running DC7 which won't open DC8 files so I don't know if I could've helped or not. Sorry.
Your downloaded file doesn't have any texts or dimensions.
And by the way there is a little arc about 4260 to the right of the main part.

Dimension or measure something that you do know then divide the distance that should be by the actual measurement.
Then using the Scale button under the Select tab rescale the objects by your calculation.

Your part measured 1866.1556 and if you want 73 then rescale by (73 / 1866.1556) = .039118

P.S.
I just noticed 1866.1556 mm equals 73.470692 inches, it might be a mm to inch conversion mistake.
So you might want to scale it by .039370
Also you might want to set your base point at X0 Y0, you do this before you click the Scale button.
On your drawing the left end of the part is X0 and the bottom edge is Y0.
I figured it out watching a video ,select all & scale it to the correct size seems to fix it .