Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Printing to actual size.
I would like to have a Deltacad drawing printed in actual size.  For example a box drawn 5" x 5" should print out at the exact same size..The Deltacad manual and other sources specifies a procedure that includes setting the print region using the mouse to establish a box. I am finding nothing that explains where to set the points to drag the mouse too. Guessing does not work. Where can I find the complete instructions to perform this kind of task. Tnx
I am assuming that the area you want to print is smaller than your paper.

1) Select the area you want to print. I usually box just a little outside the objects.
Sample -->     

* If you are using Snap to Grid you might have turn it off so you can select an area closer to your objects.

* If any of the objects extends outside the area you want to print and that include dimension lines, it won't work. 
    * You will need to break or remove any of these objects. You could copy them to a different place on the drawing before editing.

2) Under the File menu click on Print...

3) Click on the Region... button.

4) Click on the Set to Last Select button.

5) Type or set the Print Scale Scale box to 1.

6) If your print area is longer in the horizontal, then you may have to set the Print Orientation to Landscape

7) Click the Close button

8) Click Ok

Hope this helps
(09-13-2019, 06:25 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: I am assuming that the area you want to print is smaller than your paper.

1) Select the area you want to print. I usually box just a little outside the objects.
Sample --> 

* If you are using Snap to Grid you might have turn it off so you can select an area closer to your objects.

* If any of the objects extends outside the area you want to print and that include dimension lines, it won't work.    <--- See Post #4 below
    * You will need to break or remove any of these objects. You could copy them to a different place on the drawing before editing.

2) Under the File menu click on Print...

3) Click on the Region... button.

4) Click on the Set to Last Select button.

5) Type or set the Print Scale Scale box to 1.

6) If your print area is longer in the horizontal, then you may have to set the Print Orientation to Landscape

7) Click the Close button

8) Click Ok

Hope this helps
Great answer. It's just what I needed to know to solve the problem. The tips you included will save me from falling into other holes.  Thanks
Here is a post that might address the problems of printing a selected area with objects that extend outside of the print area.

Printing a selected area

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Font size changes in printing cshort 1 2,632 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Last Post: i44troll