Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A3 metric scale drawings
I would appreciate some help to get on the right track here please.

I am wanting to use DC to draw bolted water storage tanks ranging in diameters 3000mm to 20000mm
Hoping to draw them on the A3 metric template that comes standard with DC so I can print them as required.

I have attached a wall panel drawing that I did that worked ok.  Drawing anything larger disappears off the template

I am completely  confused at how the drawing scale vs the view scale works.  Ive read the scale section in the manual many times but just can't seem to get it....

Attached Files
.dc   2280mm Panel.dc (Size: 3.61 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   2280 PANEL.pdf (Size: 30.31 KB / Downloads: 8)
Under the [Options] menu select [Drawing Data . . .] then change [Scale with View Scale] to [No]

See if that works for you.
I don't have much experience with drawing scale or the view scale either.

P.S. I did some experimenting.
I selected the [New] menu and selected DeltaCad's [mmSIZE_A3.DC] file then selected [1:10] scale (10.000 scale)
Then I opened your [2280mm Panel.dc] drawing and selected all the enitiies and copied them to the clipboard (CTRL+C).
Then I went back to the border drawing and pasted the contents of the clipboard (CTRL+V).

If I had to change the scale on the border I just started over, including copying the drawing to the clipboard again.
There is a good tutorial by i44troll on this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usASNGu8e50
Thanks all, appreciate the help!

I found where I was going wrong was say opening a new A3 template in 1:100 and then in that same document trying too change the scale, didn't work.
Instead opening a new template in the new scale of say 1:50 for other drawings that were smaller was the fix.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  placing drawings to scale on template sheets AlwMVMO 1 487 08-23-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO