Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWG to DC
I need to edit a dwg drawing. When I try to erase a line the whole drawing get erased. I have tried converting DWG to DC but that does not work either.
What version of DeltaCad are you using?

I have DeltaCad v8.0 1/17/2020. I tried your scenario and had no difficulties.
When you go to erase and touch the mouse pointer to a Line does the entire drawing get highlighted (RED)?

Go to the Edit tab and Edit object data button and click on a line.
What does it say at the top of the information box?
If it says Edit Group then you will need to Ungroup the drawing with the Ungroup button in the lower right corner of the information box
I am using version 8 also, and when I touch a line with mouse pointer all of the drawing turns red.
Thanks for the help.
Can DWG drawing be converted to DC drawing ?

Thanks
Yes. Open your dwg file in DeltaCad then select 'save as' in the 'File' menu. Then in the 'Save As' menu choose .dc in the 'Save as type' drop-down menu.
(06-02-2020, 08:01 AM)JIM Wrote: I am using version 8 also, and when I touch a line with mouse pointer all of the drawing turns red.
Thanks for the help.

It sounds as though the line is part of a grouped object.  Try using the edit function to determine if that is the case.
Need help, cannot open a DWG file, "Cannot Open de-code.." is te error message. I've be never had this issue before. I renamed the file multiple time, but just can't open at all. Client also renamed for me and sent via email rather than download link. Nothing works, Any ideas?
DanP,

Are you using the Open option or the Import option?
The Import option has some extra options, Model Space, Paper Space, Both. I don't know what these options do but you could try different ones.
Have your client send a different file or a partial of the file, there maybe something in the file that DeltaCad doesn't like.

AlwMVMO,