Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... Grid Dimensions change when reopening a file.
I am running version 8.0. When I create a drawing and save it, the grid dimensions changes when the drawing is reopened. How can I set the file to reopen to it's initial grid dimensions? Tnx
You did ask this question before on 6/28/2019 >> [ c1sandford 6/28/2019 question ]
Apparently  [ Midnight Software ] hasn't added this feature.
Thanks to all for your help. It's been so long I did not recall the post. Any notes I made were lost when the previous laptop suffered a motherboard failure. According too the service tech the defect had deleted everything but a few Windows system files. The hard drive was still working and is used as a external drive.
After rereading the old post I recall that both methods of grid setting failed to save the grid settings with the  drawing. It seems odd that Midnight Software did not address this. Regarding the suggested use of a template, The file explorer did not find C:\Program Files\DeltaCad\New. As I understand this it is mandatory to put a template file in this folder to switch it to be a template. Tnx
Here is a list of what should have come with a DeltaCad install in the 'new' folder.

Check to see if they could be in another folder.
You can always add the 'C:\Program Files\DeltaCad\New' folder and put the template files in there.
Or you could create your own template files.
If you can't find them and if you want them let us know and we'll try to get them to you.
The "Default.dc" is the "New" work page.

If your amended grid page file is saved in this folder you can choose it instead of the 'Default.dc' (new page) file.
(08-23-2020, 07:25 AM)williamj Wrote: The "Default.dc" is the "New" work page.

If your amended grid page file is saved in this folder you can choose it instead of the 'Default.dc' (new page) file.
Solved: The missing file Default.dc was found at C:/Program Files (x86)/Deltacad/Deltacad/New   My thanks to those who helped. Knowing what I learned will save me a lot of time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Program crashed and dimensions changed when file reopened petergraf 2 2,250 05-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Downloaded file in metric. Can dimensions be converted? Kevin45 7 10,369 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Last Post: i44troll