Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise me... A line cannot be selected for erasing.
I have a drawing with a horizontal line that appears in the drawing. This line can't be selected for erasing. Clicking the line with the mouse, it does not turn red. It appears to be locked or protected in someway. How can this be fixed?
Hello, did you find a solution for this problem?

I am new to DeltaCad (and all other CAD s/w) and seem to have a similar problem, I am just trying to "clean up" some drawings made in DeltaCad in order to prepare to cut the objects in plywood using a laser cutter.

I have been able to remove lot's of details, text, dimensions, etc. but one line around the outer edge I cannot remove. When selecting it and pressing delete the actual teeth on the wheel (blue) is removed as well, see the two images. Strangely enough this particular circle is red as soon as I open the file, without selecting it.

My theory is that the circle is somehow merged with the teeth and I need to separate the two from each other order to be able to remove the circle...(?)

Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated!
/Rikard

rikard454

It is apparent that the circular line and the gear teeth are grouped together. To erase the circular line edit the gear teeth group, select the circular line, and delete. If that fails then each gear tooth should be a copied to a group of its own. Edit any tooth, select the circular line and erase.

To edit groups...

[*]click Edit tab
[*]click Edit button
[*]click the group to be edited
[*]Edit Picture
[*]make changes
[*]Close all sub-windows and save.
Thank you williamj!

Seems that how you do things differs if you are using the Windows or Mac version of DeltaCad. I am guessing that you are on a Windows machine (I am on a Mac) but it all lead me to solve the issue!

What I did was select the grouped objects, clicked the Misc button and used the command "Ungroup all groups" - after that I was able to delete the circle Smile

Probably I did not have to select the grouped objects when I start to think about it now...

Thanks again!
/Rikard
Yes you can EDIT [E] a group to ungroup to make changes to objects that are in a group.

Note: A group can be used in multiple places and a change in a group using the Edit Picture option will show up in all places that the group was used.
But if you ungrouped one of the groups then made changes to the ungrouped group won't show up in the other groups.

P.S. I clarified williamj instructions but you can do it either way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selected line color alanc 7 6,502 05-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Last Post: i44troll
  erasing parts of circle Mark Chase 2 3,312 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Mark Chase