Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deltacad Icon all DXF files
I installed version 8, and now deltacad has applied its "icon" and its "extension" on all my DXF files it found, now its hard to tell which CAD program I created my DXF files in,

I messaged deltcad with no response, can anyone help out how to turn off, as this is very annoying and not productive

thx
les
These instructions are for Windows 10 but I think they should be similar to older Windows versions.
If you are using a Mac computer I googled the instructions and posted them at the end of this post.

1. Using the Windows File Explorer go to the folder where your DXF files are located.
2. Then Right click on any DXF file.
3. Click on the Properties option to open the Properties box.

4. Under the General tab it should say:   Opens with:  DeltaCad  [Change...]
5. Click on the [Change...] button.
6. Click on the App that you want your DXF files to be associated with.
6b. If the App you want is not in the list, click on [More Apps] and scroll down.
7. Click [Ok] after selecting the App you want.
8. Click [Ok] again to close the Properties box.
All DXF files on your computer will now have the Icon of the other App.

The extensions of all your old DXF files should have still been ".DXF" even after installing DeltaCad version 8.
If the extensions of your .DXF files did change to something else such as .DC you may have to Rename the extensions of the files back to .DXF
There is an option in File Explorer under the View tab to turn File name extensions on and off.

Keep your DeltaCad (DC) files in a folder called DeltaCad if you don't want to open your non-DeltaCad DXF files with DC.
You can still open a DXF file with DC by going thru DeltaCad's menu or by right click on a DXF file then click on the Open with option and click on DeltaCad. 
DC can open a DXF file created by other CAD programs such as AutoCad but because DC is only 2D a 3D file may not display correctly.

MacOS: How to change the default app for a file << Google this if these instructions aren't right.  ( I don't have any way to verify these instructions )

1. Select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.
  2. In the Open With section, if there's an appropriate app in the list, you can select it and click Change All and confirm, and now all files with that extension open in that app. You can stop here. ...
  3. Choose the app from the list that shows. ...
  4. Click Add.
Thanks, I am running windows 10

What you recommended worked fine, and the good was it changed all files in that given folder at one time, I was concerned I would have to do one at a time, that would be painful

thanks