Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the....! line widths just went bonkers!
Just started up with 8.0.23. All the lines in exiting drawings are now so fat that I can hardly see the drawing! Trying to adjust line widths to get back to the old sizes doesn't seem to work. The thinest line appears to be several pixels wide even if I put in o.oooo for line width. The drawings look terrible.

Apple MacBook Pro.
Catalina 10.15.7

What's a good alternative to DeltaCad?

Thanks,
Jack
Click on the Options menu then click on Drawing Data . . . then set Scale with View Scale to   (☻) No
(12-04-2020, 12:25 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Click on the Options menu then click on Drawing Data . . . then set Scale with View Scale to   (☻) No

Thank you! I see should have provided more material. The "Scale with View Scale" does not work. The lines do not scale on either setting.

Also, what's upsetting is that all of the drawings I have now look quite different. I wold not expect an update to actually change how existing drawings look.

Also, I've tried setting the line sizes for 0.00000 on up. All the lines appear to be thicker and the smallest line is about the size of Normal in the previous DeltaCad version. 
(12-04-2020, 02:36 AM)jpenkethman Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 12:25 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Click on the Options menu then click on Drawing Data . . . then set Scale with View Scale to   (☻) No

Thank you! I see should have provided more material. The "Scale with View Scale" does not work. The lines do not scale on either setting.

Also, what's upsetting is that all of the drawings I have now look quite different. I wold not expect an update to actually change how existing drawings look.

Also, I've tried setting the line sizes for 0.00000 on up. All the lines appear to be thicker and the smallest line is about the size of Normal in the previous DeltaCad version. 

Last month after Apple issued Big Sur, OS 11.0.1 I could not get DeltaCad 8.0.21 to launch. About a week later DC released 8.0.22 through the Mac App Store followed a day later by 8.0.23. Both new versions of DC worked with Big Sur 11.0.1 on my MacBook Pro. Above you state you are using Catalina OS 10.15.7. Perhaps an OS upgrade would help.
(12-07-2020, 05:06 PM)tls_44 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 02:36 AM)jpenkethman Wrote:

Last month after Apple issued Big Sur, OS 11.0.1 I could not get DeltaCad 8.0.21 to launch. About a week later DC released 8.0.22 through the Mac App Store followed a day later by 8.0.23. Both new versions of DC worked with Big Sur 11.0.1 on my MacBook Pro. Above you state you are using Catalina OS 10.15.7. Perhaps an OS upgrade would help.
Midnight Software has just issued a new version: 8.0.24. This version fixes line width problems on Apple Retina displays and also runs well on Apple's macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1

I corresponded with Midnight Software and they were quick to fix things. So, I'm very happy now!

Jack Penkethman