Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard shortcut for "Delete" on a Mac?
Hello all!

I am (trying) to use DeltaCad version 10.0.0 on a Mac running OSX 11.2.3 (Big Sur), it seems that the Delete menu option does not have a keyboard shortcut which forces me to use the Delete command on the Edit menu all the time and that is quite time consuming (I am cleaning up some drawings in order to prepare the obects for laser cutting, need to remove a lot of text and objects...).

Pressing the Delete keys on the keyboard does not "do anything"...

Any Mac users of DeltaCad here that can help med find a way of being able to delete objects via the keyboard?

Thanks a million in advance!
/Rikard

Yes even Windows PC doesn't have a keyboard shortcut for DELETE except for the Delete key itself.

Is there a [Er] button (erase) under the Edit tab?

Or you can SELECT multiple objects (under the Select tab), 
then click on the  [Er]  button or Press the Delete key (the [Er] button will highlight) and 
then press  [Enter]  key.

That's the way it is done on a Windows PC, I am assuming that might work on a MAC but I could be wrong.
(03-27-2021, 06:21 PM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Yes even Windows PC doesn't have a keyboard shortcut for DELETE except for the Delete key itself.

Is there a [Er] button (erase) under the Edit tab?

Or you can SELECT multiple objects (under the Select tab), 
then click on the  [Er]  button or Press the Delete key (the [Er] button will highlight) and 
then press  [Enter]  key.

That's the way it is done on a Windows PC, I am assuming that might work on a MAC but I could be wrong.

Thanks, the Er button under the Edit tab did not help me as it de-selects objects I have selected with the Select tab active....

But, pressing the erase button on the keyboard and then Enter does indeed remove the object(!)

Thanks!!
/Rikard
When in the SELECT mode hold the [CTRL] key down and keep holding it down as you are selecting objects.
When done selecting objects release the [CTRL] key then click on the [Er] button then [ENTER].

⌘ key = [CTRL] key

Yes, going from SELECT mode to EDIT mode will unselect all objects, I use this method to abort the SELECT mode.