Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extracting single object but get entire drawing
Have a .dxf drawing with many objects in it, I select an object, it high lights it, I export to dxf, and when I open in a post processor for generating G code, the entire drawing is there, so I tried exporting as jpeg, it does the same thing

I loaded into vcarv pro, it worked, however there is 14 pages of instruction embedded in the drawing(8x11) and are in color and need the color print out to show the assembly and different parts

something I need to turn on or off, hope its that simple

thx
les
Hi Les,

I'm not versed in .dxf files or G code., and I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be but this might be a "work around" for you.

Select the o0bject, copy it (ctrl c) and then paste into a 'NEW' DeltaCad drawing and then save with an appropriate name and file format.

Best of luck.
(05-25-2021, 04:34 PM)williamj Wrote: Hi Les,

I'm not versed in .dxf files or G code., and I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be but this might be a "work around" for you.

Select the o0bject, copy it (ctrl c) and then paste into a 'NEW' DeltaCad drawing and then save with an appropriate name and file format.

Best of luck.

Thanks William

It somewhat works, thats a lot of cut and paste, I used to highlight the part, export and open in vcarv with just the part.

Could the drawing be locked, read only or grouped in some way?

thx
Exporting single objects doesn't work in DeltaCad even though the objects show being highlighted while going through the export procedure.

Here is some ideas that you can try to put certain objects in a new file:

* Copy the entire file to a new file then delete what you don't want to export.
* If what you want is a single color then you could choose objects with the SELECT OPTIONS button.
* If what you want is in a certain layer(s) then you could turn off unwanted layers.
* If what you want is just in a certain area then you can use the box select to choose those objects.

* If Vcarv Pro uses layers I would try to put each cutting path in its own layer.

DeltaCad does have a group feature but it probably isn't compatible with Vcarv Pro.

I wrote a G-code macro for DeltaCad several years ago, but I don't know if something like that would work for you.
DeltaCad CAD to CAM >
(05-26-2021, 10:53 AM)AlwMVMO Wrote: Exporting single objects doesn't work in DeltaCad even though the objects show being highlighted while going through the export procedure.

Here is some ideas that you can try to put certain objects in a new file:

* Copy the entire file to a new file then delete what you don't want to export.
* If what you want is a single color then you could choose objects with the SELECT OPTIONS button.
* If what you want is in a certain layer(s) then you could turn off unwanted layers.
* If what you want is just in a certain area then you can use the box select to choose those objects.

* If Vcarv Pro uses layers I would try to put each cutting path in its own layer.

DeltaCad does have a group feature but it probably isn't compatible with Vcarv Pro.

I wrote a G-code macro for DeltaCad several years ago, but I don't know if something like that would work for you.
DeltaCad CAD to CAM >

Thanks, I like the layers idea, will work on that today, thanks again
les
You may already know this, in the SELECT mode you can hold down the CTRL key and select multiple objects and when done release the CTRL key.
And to unselect a selected object hold down the CTRL key and click on the object to unselect.
If you don't hold down the CTRL key then all selected objects will be unselected. 
Pressing the ESC key will also unselect all selected objects.

Also using the black      button below a post will prevent the contents of the previous post from being copied.
Keeps forum threads shorter and easier to read.
Thanks and thanks on the reply button, that's good to know