Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hatching troubles
hello,

first excuse me but english is not my first language.

I 'm beginning in deltacad and i 've got a trouble when i tried to fill a shape. I choose the colour, in line type : cross hatched area but on the drawing the shape is not filled with cross hatched.

How do i for filling a shape with hacthed pattern?
Ponchau,

The "Circle" and "Shape" tabs are the only tabs that offer Hatching. The "Line" tab only offers line types. So, to make sure that you select the right combination of tabs and icons just follow this procedure.....

1) Choose the "shape" tab
2) Choose the "line type" drop-down box
3) Choose "Hatched"
a) This will open a selection box called "select hatch type"
4) By default Deltacad will display an outline around the shape. Choose "do not display outline" if you don't want one displayed.
5) Now just simply choose the hatch style that you want from the 40 different hatch icons listed.
6) Choose the shape that you want to use (while still in "shapes")
7) Simply draw the shape. The shape will be embedded with the chosen hatch style and outline (if selected)

Chris (i44troll)

Furthur Remarks.........

After reading your post again and again, it just dawned on me that you want to fill a shape that you have already drawn, correct? If this is the case what you need to do is follow this procedure.......

1) Select the "edit" tab
2) Select the "E" icon (for "edit")
3) Click on the shape you want filled
a) The "edit shape" box will appear
4) Select the "Line/Hatch Type" drop-down box
5) Choose "Hatched"
6) By default Deltacad will display an outline around the shape. Choose "do not display outline" if you don't want one displayed.
7) Now just simply choose the hatch style that you want from the 40 different hatch icons listed.

This should do it!

Chris
(11-27-2008, 11:12 PM)i44troll Wrote: Chris.

I have tried this many times over the years and I have never been able to get it to work.
Made a small rectangle, followed, I think, your directions and nothing happens. Huh

Thought I could follow directions. Any idea what I am missing?

Version 8 Pro.

Thanks.

Bob

Ponchau,

The "Circle" and "Shape" tabs are the only tabs that offer Hatching. The "Line" tab only offers line types. So, to make sure that you select the right combination of tabs and icons just follow this procedure.....

1) Choose the "shape" tab
2) Choose the "line type" drop-down box
3) Choose "Hatched"
4) By default Deltacad will display an outline around the shape. Choose "do not display outline" if you don't want one displayed.
5) Now just simply choose the hatch style that you want from the 40 different hatch icons listed.
6) Choose the shape that you want to use (while still in "shapes")
7) Simply draw the shape. The shape will be embedded with the chosen hatch style and outline (if selected)

Chris (i44troll)

Furthur Remarks.........

After reading your post again and again, it just dawned on me that you want to fill a shape that you have already drawn, correct? If this is the case what you need to do is follow this procedure.......

1) Select the "edit" tab
2) Select the "E" icon (for "edit")
3) Click on the shape you want filled
  a) The "edit shape" box will appear
4) Select the "Line/Hatch Type" drop-down box
5) Choose "Hatched"
6) By default Deltacad will display an outline around the shape. Choose "do not display outline" if you don't want one displayed.
7) Now just simply choose the hatch style that you want from the 40 different hatch icons listed.

This should do it!

Chris
Bob,
The only other solution I could think of would be the actual size of the hatch itself. Go to OPTIONS>DRAWING DATA and check the DEFAULT button to reset your settings.

The cross-hatch data number may have been changed to something larger than the drawing itself resulting in a shape that appears to be void of any hatch (by default it is set to .100). Beyond this I will be of little use. Contact Midnight Software if you still cannot solve this issue.
Chris