Poll: Would you be interested in drawing competitions? This poll will end on January 11, 2009
Yes.
No.
No opinion.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Drawing Competition
Boss,

What does it take to get people going? Competition!

What say we generate some interest in a drawing challenge, say, a Christmas theme that would generate some activity among the members and give a little more monthly activity to the site? You can select the winner through polls and award the best drawing with one of your certificates! January's theme could be "winter", February's theme could be "Love", etc....
Of course, there could be drawing challenges of other sorts as well, electrical, mechanical, etc. that are non-seasonal.

Chris (i44Troll)
Could be fun. It could also help to keep us "sharp" in our DeltaCad drawing and usage skills.

You are welcome to edit this thread (your post above - select "full edit" in the 'edit' drop down menu) and start a poll here on your idea.

Since it can take some time for people to "drop-by" you may want to allow 2-3 weeks voting in this poll. That's not to say that Christmas drawings can not be submitted for consideration in the mean time, though.

I encourage your students, and others, to perhaps offer other ideas on this too.

If it flies, maybe I'll create a new download page for the "Competition Drawings".
I must say that this is about as busy as it gets for me. I know I haven't participated here much lately but I would like to. Work is just taking a lot of my time right now, and moving has added to that. It's good to see that this place is alive and well and I welcome the recent new members. Happy Holidays to all of you.
Kevin
Sparky, please vote. Thanks.
So far, this is a GO! Smile Though I would like to see more votes.

I am currently accepting any original submissions based on a "Winter" theme for the first contest. This can include holiday themed drawings & designs as well.

Please follow the standard submission procedures <here> and include the word "Contest" in the subject line.

Judging will be done by poll in a new "Drawing Contest" forum that I will create along with a new "Drawing Contest Page" for the posting/downloading of the submitted drawings. This will be done in the latter part of January, unless the poll above gets more 'No' votes prior to its closure on January 11, 2009.

Even if any additional votes here do cause this suggestion to become a 'No go" prior to closing, all submissions received until then will still be posted on the normal download pages, unless otherwise requested.

If this suggestion does remain a "GO", I will continue accepting contest submissions for this first contest through January 20, 2009, after which submission voting will commence.

Big Grin Please vote - Be creative - Submit your creations Big Grin
Only 15 days to go!

No contest submissions received yet! Sad
Exclamation Only 4 days to go Exclamation

-0- contest submissions received to date!

With no contest submissions, there can obviously be no contest.

Please send in your contest submissions ASAP.
Hmmm...

Well, I never did received any contest submissions for this session. However, this idea is not dead yet. I will consider trying this again later. I will also try to promote the next one, via Email notices, to all registered members.

With the recent transition to this new host, and the same transition and new activity on my other site, I was unable to properly promote the contest this time around.

Feel free to suggest some possible themes for any future contests here.

If you do want to send a submission for consideration in a future contest, please be sure to make note of that when you submit it for approval so I'll know to 'put it on hold' accordingly.

Thanks.