Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HTML image link
Just started using "MyCode" for the first time but it is limited. I want to include a picture thumbnail in my post that will serve as a "button" or link to another page or larger image. Any suggestions?

Chris
Just use the attachment option to upload the picture. A thumbnail will be added to your post automatically.

If it's on another site, then select (highlight) some 'descriptive' text in your post and click on the 'link' button (globe w/chain) enter the URL to "link" that text to that URL.

Most "MyCode" codes will be automatically generated by using those icons above the text editor window. "MyCode" is the 'stuff' between the '[' and ']' brackets. To end or 'close' the function, a '/' followed by the code function name, all within brackets, is needed.

Feel free to experiment, in this thread, if you wish.

To see what happens when you add an attachment, just use the "full edit" option, after you've posted, to see what code it put in your post to show the thumbnail image.

HTML is not, nor will it ever be allowed. I don't want people posting "web page" type coding in the forums. Very bad things can happen if they do.
Boss,

What I thought would be cool would be to have the Deltacad button image as the link to my video tutorials, instead of creating a text link that said "draw a line with two points" I could have the actual Deltacad image (you would have to reference back to Deltacad if I used text). Is there any way to substitute an image in place of text as a hyperlink?

Chris
Do you mean like this? (click on the heart)

[Image: heart.gif]

--- It's a Stunt kite tutorial video hosted on YouTube ---

BTW, I 'play' with my stunt kite in the summer, when it gets real windy.
It's fun! (and very relaxing if the wind cooperates)

The heart is, of course, 'grabbed' from the forum's image folder. It's a 'double link', I guess you could say, as the heart image URL is 'embedded' in the video URL link. In other words, the heart image (picture) is a 'link' to the video.
EXACTLY!

I'll look into your post to see how that is done.

Thanks Boss!

Chris