Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select and Copy
Hi, I just found your forum tonight and thought that I would ask for help with a problem I am having with DC. I have a registered version of DC and am trying to draw a Chart for my milling machine for changing belts for the various speeds. My problem is that I am not that familiar with DC yet and can't figure out how to 'select' and make copies of one part in the drawing to produce multiples of it. For instance, I drew a step pulley and I want to copy it 12 times (once for each speed change), but I can't get it to copy. I can 'select' it okay, but the copy part I can't figure out.
Anyone able to provide some assistance?
Thanks.
Hi, winanskeith

Welcome to the group.

To copy an area you need to:

1. Select the area you want to copy.

2. Turn on copy mode by clicking the "Copy" button in the "select" tab tool bar.

3. Click on the "Move" (two offset squares) button.

4. Move the box that appears to the area you want to duplicate the selected item to and click. Do this step as many times as needed.

5. Turn off copy mode when you are done by clicking the "Copy" button again.

You'll be able to do your copying faster than it will take you to read this. Have fun!

Chris
Also, copy mode can be turned on/off at any time. For example, let's say we are moving a circle and we don't need it were it's presently at, but we need it moved to one or more locations. We select it, move it to the new location THEN click copy mode and continue moving it to the other desired locations. I have a feeling you knew that though.Tongue

[Image: dcadcopybutton.jpg]

Kevin
Sparky,
You're right I knew that but, I believe he wants to leave the original in place and make copies of it elsewhere.
Chris,
Yep, that did the trick.
Thanks alot for all the help.
Not a problem. Wasn't that easy once I corrected myself? Sorry for miss leading you in my original instructions. (My original answer was wrong and has been corrected.)

On the plus side, we can now refer to the on-line users manual instead of trial and error, which does cause unnecessary frustration if it isn't 'totally' correct.

BTW, when you get your drawing or symbol file done, regarding your pulley set-ups, perhaps you'd like to share it on the site. You never know if someone might find it handy.

Chris
NOTICE: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN EDITED BY ME SO THAT ONLY THE CORRECT ANSWER IS POSTED. (There was some confusion due to an originally, incorrect answer by me.)Sad

Please take no offense if a post has been edited or deleted.
*Sparky, you can re-edit your post, if you wish.Smile

The below attachment is taken directly from the manual.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)