Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illustration setup
Good explanation of how you set-up the page and captions, "ianmac". Smile

I did a similar layout technique when I created the awards. Though, what I did initially was to define the actual page size (11" x 8-1/2") using the box tool. Since all of the layout was being done at 'full scale', it avoided the issue of the text printing smaller than shown in the drawing.

I measured your drawing (border box), which is 15'-10" x 22'-11" @ full scale, which would be quite the poster, I must say. I believe that the drawing scale you used is what caused the difference between the displayed appearent text size & the actual printed text size.

I would assume that you do not intend to have your photo page printed on a billboard-sized, 16' x 23', sheet, but rather on a standard sized, 8-1/2" x 11" page.

To do this, first you would insure that the drawing scale is set to 1 (Options -> Drawing scale... -> enter "1"). You would then draw a box 8-1/2" wide x 11" tall, which will now define the actual paper size. Then zoom-in/out, as needed, and add your layout lines within that box. First by creating an appropriate border space within the confines of the actual paper size thus defining the 'printable area' of the page.

Then you would add the additional layout lines to be used for reference in placing the pictures and captions. You may want to save the drawing at this point so it can be used again as a template for similar projects.

After all the pictures and captions have been placed, you would then want to delete all of the layout lines, including the initial paper size defining box. This can be done fairly easily now, using V7's new "Select" tab "Options" button. You can now print the page at full scale, which should print as intended.
(Keep in mind, when creating the printable area border, that DeltaCad will center the 'drawing' on the page when printed.)

I have found this method to be quite useful when creating a 'non-scale document' that is intended to be printed on a single sheet of paper. However, you would not want to do this if you're creating a design/construction drawing.

You would then use what ever drawing scale desired and let DeltaCad scale the drawing up or down to fit a single printed page size. Or better yet, have DeltaCad print the design drawing on multiple pages, if needed, at the scale at which it was originally drawn.
Update: I have now posted my version of a 8-1/2" x 11" photo page <here>, which was inspired by "ianmac's" submission/tutorial.

The file name is "Photo Page Templ".

Please note that DeltaCad Professional Version 7 is required to open this file due to V7's new compression/decompression capability.

Curious about the sample photo? It's a pic of my nieces and their dog playing in an unusual Texas snow last year.Cool