Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Size of arrow head on line
I need to have two short arrows crossed over in a small space, but becasue it's so cramped (the angle between the arrows is quite small) the arrow heads encroach on each other and no longer look like 2 separate heads, more like a blob.

Is there any way I can customise the size of the head? (ie a bit like in Powerpoint where I can choose from a few different heads). In this case the heads are too long- they go back too far down the line from the point, and meet the head of the other line.

Thanks-
Jim,
I assume you are talking about dimension lines?
If so, click the edit tab, then click the dimension you want to edit.
You can change all kinds of things there. I never have, so you may have to play around with it.
Kevin

Hi Kevin-

No, not dimension lines, just ordinary lines but with arrow heads.

The two lines cross like an X with the arrows on eg the top left leg of the X and on the top right leg. But because the X is narrow, the angle between is small, the arrow heads get on top of each other so I need to make the head smaller.

I looked at editing the dimension line arrows btw, doesn't look like you can choose the head style.

Thanks though!
Jim,
Greetings!
Usually changes can be customised thru the options menu, however arrowheads are not amoung those, neither can they be scaled down. Best bet would be to create a symbol file, then you will have the ability to scale and rotate it as you see fit.

chris
Jim,

Actually you can adjust the line arrow-head size.

In the Options menu, select Drawing Data... and you'll find the line arrow-head size settings there.

You may have to experiment a bit with the arrow-head settings to get the desired affect. Keep in mind that any adjustments will be applied to all arrow-heads in the drawing.
Brilliant- thanks, exactly what I needed- now the arrow heads are separated. I went from the defaults of 0.1875 & 3, to 0.1 & 2.
Second time in 2 days that I found an exact answer to a problem I was having. I also wanted smaller arrows, and this fixed the arrow problem exactly. DeltaCad is getting a whole lot easier than when I first started.
Thank You Jim!!
Will
Will,

I'm glad that you're finding answers to your questions. Welcome to the group and thank you for NOT being shy. Wink

(FYI: In addition to posting a 'Thank You', which we very much appreciate btw, you can also apply an over-all rating to any thread(topic) by clicking on one of the stars (1-5) at the top of a thread, regardless of it's current color, too.)

Chris - "The Boss"