Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Mouse
Hi Everyone,
I've been a lurker for some time. Finally joined when I eventually ran into an issue.
Sure wish this had more users. I think it's a great program. Designed, built, and flew my own airplane with D'cad's help.

Issue at hand...
I'm one of those Vista users who has problems with his USB ports not being recognized after they warm up, or whatever today's diagnosis is. Been happening for years, but still no definitive answer to the problem from anyone.

The reason this is an issue is that I use a USB mouse on my laptop when using D'Cad. Now that I'm having the Vista issue, I would be happy using the Laptop mouse, but I can't get it to work the same as far as the scroll function is concerned. It works for the up/down and left/right, but not for zoom. It just does the up/down.
I have set the functions in the system/mouse in Vista, and in the program.

PC stats:
HP Pavillion dv6436nr
AMD Turion Dual Core 2x1.8ghz
2g Ram
Vista Home Premium w/SP-1 (Probably won't go to SP-2 anytime soon)

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Corey
Corey,

I,too, am a Vista user (64 bit version) and have had some dealings with it myself. One consideration is always compatability, even with a mouse this seems to be an issue. This may not be the problem, but it has to be considered.
I cant use the laptop touchpad, i hate it, so if that didnt work i would have to use my desktop to do the work. One thing that I have noticed with Deltacad "7" is the ability to customize your mouse to scroll, pan, or zoom. If you are not using the new version 7 I would strongly encourage you to do so, or at least give it a try. (option menu/ options/ mouse wheel options)

chris
Thanks for the reply Chris. I do have '7' and as I said, have set the mouse thru the OS and thru DC. At the moment the add-on mouse is working. That's how it goes. If I keep unplugging it to let it supposedly cool, then plug it back in, it works for a while. More of a major pain and inconvenience than anything. I do have to say, I didn't have this problem until the end of May. I had to replace my power supply. I haven't had the battery installed for months. I haven't downloaded IE-8 or the SP-2, and don't really want to (don't use IE at all), but I suspect one of these events triggered the USB issue on my pc. Most likely the power supply.

Still wondering if the pad mouse is configurable in DC 7.

Thanks again, and if anyone else has a thought, chime in.
Corey