Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help? Dxf. file keeps shutting my Cam (vectric)down
Hello everyone.
Just bought my Deltacad from the Midnight site. I did a simple drawing w/ my 6 year old and wanted to take it out to my machine to cut. I saved it as a dxf. and everytime I try to import it into Cut2d (vectric) to create toolpaths a window pops up "sorry but a fatal error ocurred" and it shuts down my cut2d. I have imported dxf files from other cad programs w/ no problem. Am I doing something wrong or should I just try another file?. I am moving it w/ a flash drive from my Vista laptop to a lap top running XP but that shouldnt make a diff,no??
Any sugg. would be appreciated.
Sa
Sa,

Read this thread to see if it would help. Try saving under a different dxf version (AutoCad version). -- There are eight to choose from.

Chris
Hi Chris
Thanks
I did a test drawing, choose the one from the drop down that had 2000 as one of the 3 and it seemed to work when I took it into cut2d.Are those options, diff versions of Autocad?
Thanks again
Shan
Shan,

Yup! Autocad created the "Data eXchange Format" (or is it Drawing?, can't remember), and YES, there are apparently several versions of the same, apparently. Glad it worked for you!Big Grin

Chris "i44troll"