Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help needed to easily draw drain plate hole pattern (Moved from "Where to buy")
Thanks so much guys. I am getting ready to attemptt a drawing and could use some advise. I want to draw something similar to a drain plate. Just a 5 7/8" disc w/ concentric rings of holes. Similar to what you would see in the center of your garage floor. Can anyone gude me to a method of positioning the holes? I was also wondering if there was any way to show the grid lines along w/ the dots?
Thanks again
S
S,

I allowed a day or two to see if someone else wanted to try this one ,(Boss!!), but no one took it so let me see if I can help out.

I am having difficulty picturing what you want to do, so I drew up three pictures to see if any of them come close.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Now, if any of these come even close to what you want to draw let me know.

Chris (i44troll)
Hi Chris
#2 is very similar ( just fewer holes or more spacing) . Are there any tutorials or anything that you ca point me to?
Thanks for taking the time to help. I do appreciate it.
Shan
Sorry i44troll, I wasn't exactly sure where to start. I guess it was the grid/dot portion of the question that through me for a loop as I was thinking he wanted a grid/dot layout to use in locating the slots in a concentric pattern. Undecided So anyway, I too was waiting to see what would come up.
Shan,

I think I know what you want now. I have been uploading videos onto youtube for our tutorial section and will incorporate how to "array" objects. Shan, when you select objects to array you dont need to have "grid points" necessarily, you just need to know how far and/or the degree of angle to copy/paste (array) the selection. I will keep you in mind as I create the tutorial.
Thanks for getting involved! It's questions like this that keep this site alive. Keep it going!

BTW, I am creating these video tutorials for two reasons, to strengthen this forum, and to give my own students a place to learn on their own. I will be creating some tutorials specifically designed to learn CNC programming using Deltacad to create the necessary toolpaths. I take it from reading your posts that you have either a CNC plasma cutter or a CNC router and you rely on software to create the needed toolpaths? Not a bad way to go, but what if you arent getting the results that you expect? These tutorials will be designed to show the student how to create toolpaths AS WELL AS how to read and write a CNC program so that they can change and edit events along the way. If you don't know G&M Code you will find these beneficial. I'll be starting on them shortly.

Chris "i44troll"
Ya got that backwards Chris. Seriously, If it were not for forums like this and you guys being so willing to take your time ("for free") to help the tech impaired like myself, Many of us wouldnt even bother. One of the reasons I gave DC a shot is because it had a forum like this . Be prepared I know I will have more questions but hope to be on the other end of some someday soon.
Thanks again
Thank
Shan,

I've created two more videos that center around your request. Check them out here:

how to creating circular arrays

and.....

how to creating linear arrays

hope this helps!
Chris
Great videos, i44troll!

I had no clue it could even be done like that. I've always just 'manually' drawn those types of things - the hard way. Rolleyes
Boss,

Part of the fun is finding out what you can do with what you are given. It may seem like some of these tutorials are a little pointless but I promise you they lead to other tutorials that are much more complex and lengthy, like drawing "true to form" 60
I hope you didn't misunderstand me as that was a 'thank you'.Wink

Like I said, I've always done those repetitive tasks manually. You know - draw it once and then copy-paste-position or I add it to symbols, if I think I might be useful in future drawings. Now you know the true meaning of my signature line and I'm always learning.

Anyway, that's why I created this site - Not because I now all the tricks in using DeltaCad's functions most efficiently, but because I searched high-and-low, to no avail, and saw a need for a dedicated site to share that knowledge (and our files too, of course).

Thanks again for sharing & showing everyone those 'hidden features' of DeltaCad.
You're our most valuable member, IMO. HeartBig GrinHeart