Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
increasing/decreasing front view width
I'm designing a wine cabinet using DeltaCad. I'd like to know how to reduce the width of a front view. I've desinged the cabinet showing the front view as 40" wide, but now I want to decrease that width to 32" wide. Is there a way I can do it without redrawing everything?
Confused
Partimer,

Good to see you back!
I've had to make adjustments to cabinetry sizes just as you have mentioned here. The way that I make those changes is to simply select the vertical lines on one side of the drawing (as many lines as need moving), click the "move selected objects" button within the select tab, type the distance to travel at the bottom left "prompt", then use "slide an endpoint" button from the edit tab to reposition the horizontal lines. (Sliding the endpoint on multiple lines simultaneously can be accomplished by using the "slide the endpoints of selected lines" button located within the select tab.)
When you "move selected objects" you are required to use "X"and"Y" relative coordinates, in other words, if you want to move objects to the left 2 1/2" you would type in at the prompt "-2.5,0" ("X" = -2.5, and "Y" = 0), you can't just type in "-2.5" because it requires both XY coordinates.
Hope this helps!Wink

Chris aka "i44troll"
Thank you, Chris! Smile It's good to be back! I just retired last August so I'll have more time now to use my DeltaCad. I'll try your method and see how it works! It is sure great to have this DeltaCad resource! I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris,

1) I selected all the veritcal lines on the right half of the drawing by pressing the Ctrl key as I check each vertical line. However, when I click on the line showing the right edge of the top of the base unit, my cursor turns into the variable rectangle, not allowing me to continue. So I have to press Esc key and start over again. I can't seem to get past this problem, so I'm leaving that line out and just continuing with the rest of the verical lines
(They're all hilited now.)

2) I clicked on the "move selected objects" button within the "Select" tab.

3) I typed in the distance I want to move all the vertical lines

4) Then I clicked on the Edit tab. After this, everything I'd chosen was no longer chosen, so I couldn't complete the process.

. What step am I missing here? Thx!
Quote:Chris,

1) I selected all the veritcal lines on the right half of the drawing by pressing the Ctrl key as I check each vertical line. However, when I click on the line showing the right edge of the top of the base unit, my cursor turns into the variable rectangle, not allowing me to continue. So I have to press Esc key and start over again. I can't seem to get past this problem, so I'm leaving that line out and just continuing with the rest of the verical lines
(They're all hilited now.)

Your cursor is trying then to select a "windowed area"? It may be that you created the whole outside of the cabinet using "shapes" instead of "lines", therefore selecting a "square shape" instead of the single vertical line as needed.
Quote:2) I clicked on the "move selected objects" button within the "Select" tab.

3) I typed in the distance I want to move all the vertical lines

4) Then I clicked on the Edit tab. After this, everything I'd chosen was no longer chosen, so I couldn't complete the process.

. What step am I missing here? Thx!
I forgot to tell you to press "enter" after you typed in the distance needed. Sorry Partimer, this would be a good new tutorial for me to upload in the next week or so. Be watching!Cool

Chris
Chris,
This is so cool! What a time saver this will be for me in the future!
I also looked at your tutorial regarding designing doors with raised panels...what an effecient way to do that. I'll have to study it some more to get the hang of it.
You have all ready saved me alot of time in my design work...you're great!
Also, I looked at the FAQ's. My ? wasn't answered there, but I found answers to other ?'s I've had in the past!
Partimer,

Sorry for interrupting. Just an FYI:
In most cases, when you are replying to the last post in a thread, it's better to use the big NEW REPLY button at the bottom of the thread, as apposed to the small REPLY button in the last post, which quotes the post that button is in. It just keeps the messages a little less cluttered.

I edited those unneeded quotes out of your posts. However, I left the quoted parts in i44troll's response as he was answering those two portions separately. Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know how that works. Wink

What question do you need answering that isn't in the FAQ?
The Boss:

Thank you for your info on how to reply. I appreciate your assistance in using this forum so I can learn the process and others can benefit, too. It's kind of confusing to me as to where to answer replies and you've cleared some of it up! I've been reviewing the FAQ's and and found some really helpful info in them. I've never understood how to set a "base point" before, but after watching the video, do now...great!!Big Grin

I don't quite understand the 3 Thread Subscription options below. What does "subscription" mean?Huh
Subscribing means you want to follow that discussion.

Depending on the your thread subscribing default, which can be configured in your User CP, you can either choose not to subscribe to that thread (system default when you registered), subscribe but not receive notification of activity (it will only be added to your subscriptions list in your User CP). It's sort of like marking it as a 'favorite' so you can find it again easily, from you User CP, if it should get pushed down the list by newer threads. And the subscribe with email notification option will send you an email when a new reply is posted in that thread particular thread.

Please note that there is either a subscribe or an unsubscribe option available near the bottom of the page which can be clicked to change that setting for the thread without having to post.