Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale Question
Hi all! I am new to both Cad and Deltacad. My first question is about scale. Please forgive me if this is an overly simplistic and foolish question.

I am going to use Deltacad to draw up engineering-type drawings and am trying to figure out how to use the scale feature. I need to use a variety of scales (1:50, 1:20, 1:10, 1:5) 1 feet = 50 feet. Also, is there a way to have 2 scales, say 1:5 for verticle and 1:10 for horizontal measurements? Many thanks!
Welcome to the group, "Deltacadnoob".

You can have multiple scales on the same page, but separate vertical/horizontal measurement scaling is not possible in DeltaCad. (In my opinion, I think it would be very confusing if it were.)

As for the other part of your question, virtually any scale is possible in DeltaCad. You just need to know what numbers to 'plug-in' to the settings. With that said, you might have to do some math to figure out the proper numbers needed for a desired drawing scale.

I'm sure I44troll may be able to help you with that part of your drawing scale question. He's the best! Wink

P.S. Keep in mind that Drawing Scale, Viewing Scale, Printing Scale, etc. are all different animals in DeltaCAD so you may want to refer to the links in the 'Possibly Related Threads...' box below.
Thanks Boss! I'm am sure I44troll will be able to help me. I would use those 2 scales when filling out the third page of the State of Maine Subsurface Waste Disposal form HHE 200. The bottom of this page is where one would draw the cross section of the septic disposal field. Just for kicks, I have attached the link to that 3rd page of the form.

http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/eng/plumb/forms/cad-drawings/hhe200-pg3.dwg
Welcome Noob!

I have looked at the application form and for the life of me can't figure out why any one would want a separate scale for vertical elements. Still, there is no way to use two scales in the same drawing with Deltacad. When you use Deltacad to "rescale"("select tab" then "SC") an object it uses the center of the "selection" to scale from unless you have chosen a base point elsewhere. Still, it makes no difference in the size outcome of the drawing selection because both the X and the Y axis are changed equally.
If you are drawing relatively simple line drawings to represent your wastewater plans then there is another method you can use. Go to the "view" menu and select "grid".    
It is at this point that you can create "snap points" at different intervals and those intervals can be different on both the X and Y axis. For example, you can set X spacing to .100" and the Y spacing to .200", enable "visible grid" and "snap to grid" then count the grid points vertically and horizontally to layout the plan. This way you have positive points to snap to and your vertical scale will be twice that of your horizontal scale. Also, I noticed that the grid spacing on your form was already at a .100" square resolution. This makes it easier for you to determine you deltacad grid setup, plus you can easily anchor your form so that the grid is integrated in with the form so the your snap-points are at the intersection of the forms grid lines. Play with the grid setting and I'm sure you will find a setting you can use. Smile

Chris

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Scale question ILMOcowcalf 1 1,553 01-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Line weight question cynbel 4 4,755 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Admin 1