Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Engineering drawings
Hello,
I am a new member living on the Canary Islands. I have been using DeltaCad for years but only in a very basic mode, without using the full capabilities of the program. Now I am learning, or rather relearning what I know 50 years ago, to make technical drawings, using the book "Workshop drawing" by Tubal Cain as a tutor.

DeltaCad makes it very easy to do the drawings in the traditional way with helplines, but the calculator tutorial shows that there are many ways to kill a cat in Deltacad and I feel that I am probably not using the best one.

I would appreciate some advice on the easiest way to do the basic engineering drawing of something where you have three views, from the front, from the top and from the side.
Goran:-/
hosinsky,

welcome!

The Calculator tutorial may show you different ways to draw and place objects and entities, but construction lines (what you refer to as helplines) are the only way to be accurate in your line placement, providing they are drawn using a 45

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've always just extended the lines out, without the 45 degree line that i44troll shows. And then I just added the lines needed to complete the other 2 views and then split the extended lines between each view and 'snapped' (slid) them to the new lines.

Gee, maybe I've been doing it the "hard way". I had never thought of shooting a 45 off a corner, though I've used a 45 degree line to create an ISO(3D) view. hmmm... Dodgy (see my signature - lol)

Good tip, i44troll!! -- I detect a possible new video or text tutorial. Wink
(Or...maybe a new forum named...'TIPS and TRICKS'.)

-- I've put it up for a vote in the Suggestions forum.)

Such a simple concept, yet how many would think of doing that?