Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing a 90 degree curved angle?
Question 
Hello all,

Any suggestion (sample, section on manual, tips, etc) on how I can draw a curved 90 degree angle. I finding the curve a challeng to draw in 2D.

Thanks

I would suggest drawing multiple views. (i.e. front, back, top, left, right, cut-through and/or isometric[45-degree] views)

Also include one or more photos of your prototype bracket in the drawing so that what is drawn can be better understood. - Your attached picture would be great for that and may save you the difficult challenge of drawing an isometric view of the bracket. Wink

For any lines(edges/holes) that would otherwise not be visible in each drawn view, use small dash lines to represent those 'hidden' details. - If it doesn't clutter-up the drawing to much, that is.

Keep in mind that if a dimension value is given on one view, it usually doesn't have to be given again in another view.

Incidentally, I've had that situation myself, where important details I wanted to show have been very challenging to represent in a 2D drawing so that the object could be accurately replicated by someone other than myself. -- I have it pictured in my head, but drawing it...uugghh...not so easy! Rolleyes So I do feel your pain. Wink
sometimes the image will be clearly understood by simply dividing the light and dark areas with lines and arcs....    
Thanks yo much guys. Both of your explanations and sample cleared things up. Smile