Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Out Full Size
How do I print out a drawing so that it is full size on the paper when printed.. Example If i draw a 4 inch circle in delta cad and then print it out I want the circle to be 4 inches in diameter on the paper.

Thanks in advance for any help

Tom
Woodmaker,

By default Deltacad will print the object to "fit" the printer using scale"0". You can easily change this by setting the scale to "1", which means that 1 inch drawn equals 1 inch printed (1:1 ratio). Here's how......

* Go to the "file" menu and select "Set Print Region"
* At the bottom of that page you will see the "Print Scale" section, either type "1" in the box just to the right of "Scale", or click on the "1" button at the bottom right.

Now you will be able to "print to size" anything you draw. When you are finished make sure you set the scale back to "0" or you may find yourself printing something in scale that will take all your ink and all your paper!

Here's some help in the area of "scaling" whether it be drawing, viewing, or printing scales. The Drawing Scale Explained

Hope this helps,

Chris
(08-24-2010, 09:55 PM)i44troll Wrote: Now you will be able to "print to size" anything you draw. When you are finished make sure you set the scale back to "0" or you may find yourself printing something in scale that will take all your ink and all your paper!

Good point, "i44troll"

I've failed to reset that option myself and my printer was in the process of printing my entire yard --- in full scale --- luckily I caught it before it spewed out 3,000+ pages of my landscape drawing. lol

Luckily, I stopped it at about 10 pages when I noticed what it was doing. AAARRRGHH! It's a good thing that paper has two sides, because I did re-use that otherwise wasted paper for draft/trial prints.

Hint: Don't walk away from your printer/computer until you're sure it's printing to the scale you want.

Hi there,
Scribbler back here again after some time away Shy

To expand a bit on this topic: I've often used print scale 1 in the past to print drawings to exact size when I've wanted to cut out and paste them on (say) metal to use as a drilling or sawing template. It was never any problem.

A couple of days ago though, I wanted to print out some templates (paper) for sawing patchwork templates (metal) for my wife. Lo and behold - they came out slightly too large.

Experimentation has shown that if I set print scale to 1.08 the print comes out spot on correct size (i.e. line drawn as being 1" is printed exactly 1" long on paper). Deltacad saves this print scale with the file so I don't have to fill it in every time I want to print.

But how strange that I now have to fill in this odd scale to get a correct full size print...

Anybody have any idea what's going on. Am I missing something that's obvious?

Regards,
Dick.
Have you changed out your printer, printer driver or otherwise modified your printer default settings since you last printed a drawing to full scale?
(11-06-2010, 07:02 PM)The Boss Wrote: Have you changed out your printer, printer driver or otherwise modified your printer default settings since you last printed a drawing to full scale?
Hi Boss. Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit slow answering for one reason and another but it's given me time to think about what you suggest. The last time I printed at scale 1:1 was just over a year ago. I've had my current printer about two years and nothing's changed since I bought it.
I found the drawing I did a year or so ago and printed it out again at 1:1 - Perfect!!! Spot on!!! This made me go back to the drawing which prompted my request for help and take a good hard look at it and - oh the shame Wink ... I noticed almost immediately that the drawing scale, which should have been 25.4 (for millimeters) was set - inexplicably - to 23.752 and this was causing the discrepancy in the printout.

How it got to this value I don't know and since I always draw to this scale I suppose it just didn't occur to me that it could be set wrongly. ( and I'd diligently read i44troll's Drawing Scale Explained too Angel )

So DeltaCad works perfectly, I'm happy and can print out at 1:1 again.

Many thanks for your suggestions which set me thinking and got me there Smile.

Dick aka "Scribbler".

Thanks,

Sometimes it's that second or third party "thinking" that gets things sorted out.

I'm glad I was able to spur your thought process and that it helped you to figured it out. LOL Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I get full details of a drawing to appear peter17 2 2,147 03-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: peter17