Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New to the Forum
I have been using DeltaCad for about 5 or 6 years to do small blueprints and things like that.Nothing to complicated.I am now starting a laser business and getting a lot deeper into Delta Cad.I am using DC to design all of my products.I have just started reading this forum last week.I do have a lot of questions but want to read the forums first.I am learning lots from this.The one question I would like to go ahead and ask is:Is there any way to outline a group of text or would I have to draw the outline?
bw5then,

Deltacad will not automatically outline your text for you, it's not designed for that. However, you can save your text image as a "raster" image (bmp,jpeg) and use other software to create "vectors" (measurable lines points and arcs).
I use VcarvePro, and MastercamX3 to convert these raster images to useful, scalable images. The cost of these software products are a bit pricey, so you may want to search the web for a more attractive option. I did a little search myself to see if i could find something and found a shareware title called "Acme Traceart". I don't know what the cost was but played with it enough to get out of it what you were looking to get (although I didn't like the results. The text lines were too choppy I thought). You may be able to find some free source software at places like http://sourceforge.net/ or other similar sites, or even find software suitable for laser engraving that you could easily incorporate into your business.
Still, I always seem to do my drawings in Deltacad and export them into the other programs regardless of the capabilities of the other programs.

Hope you can find a suitable program

Chris "i44troll"

"bw5then",

If what your wanting to do is to actually have a box around text within a drawing, it will unfortunately not automatically do that. But it's quite simple to edit the text, inserting a new line by using the CTRL-ENTER key combination to essentially refine a single line of text down to a box-able area, or use the multi-line text option, and then draw a box around that text. To better separate that 'text box' (i.e.text boarder) from other drawing lines, you may want to edit it to be thicker than what's used for the other drawing/dimension lines.