Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused??????
I have some drawings of different letters (they are 1.75" tall and 1.25" wide) with text drawn on these.When i print them on paper they are just like the drawing,when I print them to my laser they come out on 2 different pieces.The text is not printing to the laser together.
bw5then

I assume you mean a laser engraver and not a printer. I know that people are depending quite a bit on plotting using DXF files, and if this is the case with you don't expect it to get any better unless you convert your text to arcs or lines. To do this you simply choose the "edit tab", select the text that you want to convert over to lines or arcs then choose "convert to lines" or "convert to arcs" from the dialog box.

The "i44troll" on the bottom is the text converted to arcs.

Once the text has been converted it is no longer "text" but lines or arcs, therefore you cannot edit it as such. When you save this as a DXF it doesn't see it as text but as lines or arcs as well.

Hope this helps,
Chris "i44troll"
"bw5then",

(EDIT: "i44troll" was responding at the same time as I was. If the following does not apply, and "i44troll"'s post above does, please let me know and I'll delete this (my) post from this thread discussion so as not to confuse yourself or others.)

It sounds like you may have a DeltaCad/Printer scaling issue.

Unfortunately, not all printers print the same so you may need to adjust the print/scale settings either in DeltaCad or on your Laser Printer's Options, usually found via Windows Control Panel > Printers and Faxes folder.

It is possible than one is set to "Fit-to-page" while the other one is set to "Fit-to-width".

Since printer configuration settings can very greatly, due to DPI ('dots per inch' resolution), you'll probably just have to experiment with the printer settings to get the desired results. I expect that both of your printers will likely require settings specific for each so that they will both 'print-to-scale' properly when using DeltaCad.

I experienced a similar issue when I upgraded to a higher resolution printer. What had previously printed very nicely to scale, on a single page using my old printer, would always try to print to full-scale on my new printer because the default settings for my new printer were NOT set to 'scale-to-page-size'. Fortunately I noticed what it was doing before it printed out our entire property drawing to full scale. (80' x 150') -- lol -- Though it did manage to spew out about 20 pages before I finally got it to stop printing. arrgghh Rolleyes

I have since changed the default printer settings and I haven't had a printer scaling problem since. - DeltaCad now only prints to full-scale when I (not by default of the printer) want it to.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help, but perhaps others have had a similar issue and can help you more than I.
Thanks to the both of you for answering.i44troll answered my problem.I really appreciate this forum.MORE questions to come soon....LOL........
Important Note!

When you convert text to lines or arcs you lose the ability to edit that text! It is my suggestion that BEFORE you convert any text that you save an additional copy of your drawing file, text included, before you start changing the text to lines or arcs. This will save your hide if you decide to make changes later.

Another note... regarding disappearing circles

I noticed (not remembering the software I was using...) that my circles were not showing up after exporting my work in dxf format to this *unknown* software. After playing with it a while I found that if I broke the circle in half it would show the circle as "two arcs" (joined together making the circle) worked great once I did that to each circle.

Chris "i44troll"