Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the downloadable symbols?......
Sometimes I receive private messages that should really be posted in our forums; this is one of those messages.....

"...symbols, where are the downloadable ones? How do you change the snap point? Are symbols different than "groups"?.....
  • Clicking on the large heading at the top of this or any other page in this forum will transfer you to the home page, where you can select downloadable cad, symbol, or macro files
  • Symbols that have been created with a base point will use that one base point ONLY as a snap point for that symbol (no other parts of that symbol will be able to snap). You will have to "resave" the symbol and repositioned base-point if you need the base-point in a different location on that symbol.
  • Symbols are not "groups" but are grouped together to form a small "drawing" that you can store and reuse. The use of the symbol library is an INVALUABLE tool as it can save many hours of drawing time.
  • Groups are objects or "entities" that are "glued together". They must be "ungrouped" (**UNGLUED**) for you to be able to make any changes to any single entity or object in that group.
...I know how to snap to a point when I draw, but not when I edit ot move things. Then when I need things to align it's a mess....
  • True, you MUST use the "base point" feature within the "select" tab. This base point gives you the ability to precisely position your selection according to where you have placed your base point.

Chris "i44troll"