Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
adding points to shapes
I am new here and saw this Complaint Dept. I am hoping that I can either find out how to get points added to my shapes or maybe the SW writers will fix the error.
Woltz,

Welcome to the group....

First, let me say that we are not affiliated with Midnight Software, so the "complaint department" will not get you anywhere with the software developers that created Deltacad. However, there are several of us that have used this software for years that are capable of answering your questions quite promptly, as you can see, we might even be answering a members questions at 11pm at night or 3 in the morning, it keeps us sharp!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer your question I have created a small pic to show you where to access the feature you are requesting. Go to your "shapes tab" to use these features.
(click on the picture to enlarge)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Woltz, in the future please use the "request help" forum under the "help desk" heading to request help. This thread will be moved in the near future to the "request help" forum.

Chris "i44troll"

Awesome!, I have been using this SW for many years and never used that method, didn't know it was there. Works like a charm. What doesn't work is the "Insert Point" from within the "Edit Object Data" on the "Edit Tab".
(02-06-2011, 12:08 AM)woltz Wrote: What doesn't work is the "Insert Point" from within the "Edit Object Data" on the "Edit Tab".

That actually does work! It adds a point somewhere along the existing object and "highlights" the point added so that you can change the XY coordinates of that point. Once you select "change" there will be a dialog box that pops up prompting you to change the coordinates to the new coordinates of your choice. Aint it great?

Correct 144troll "Change" does work, "Insert" does not work in the patched version 7 on Windoz 7. I click "Insert" one or more times and click "OK" click on Object again and the new points are not there.
Woltz,

See, this is the kind of stuff that we love to see! Let me make sure I know you are doing the same thing, then we will report it to Midnight software if there remains an issue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Before we start, click om the menu "Help" then "About Deltacad" and make sure the date at the bottom left of your screen says 1/7/2011. This is the latest patch after a rash of patches we had in a span of one month....
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Humor me please....................

1) goto the shapes tab
2) draw a "rectangle using two corners" anwhere in the center of the screen.
3) click on the "edit tab"
4) with "edit object data" (default) selected click on the rectangle. You should have a dialog box that displays the xy coordinates for four locations. (the four corners)
5) click "insert" once. It should automatically insert a point in the very center of the bottom line of the rectangle. (don't do anything else to it yet)(You are claiming that Windoze 7 will fail at this point.....continue antway....)
6) Now, while the new point is highlighted click "change" and alter the "Y" value so that it is minus 2 of the original value, then click "ok". (if, in fact, insert failed to include an additional point report this as your result)
7) You should have a five sided polygon at this point.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If your findings are still the same I will make another report to Midnight Software on your behalf. Since I still use Vista I cannot emulate the problem. Thanks Woltz!

Chris "i44troll'

Yes I am using Version dated 1/7/2011.
OK ........ I have an update.
After following the step by step to reproduce the error........ I found that the error is more specific.
After step 4 click "Line/Hatch Type' select "Filled" from this point you may "Insert" points but they disapear with "OK".
I was able to add points while the box was not "Filled" and as soon as I selected "Filled"-"OK" ...... WAALAA!! back to 4 points!!
So this error is only present when you want to add points to a "filled" object?
Actually, it did the same to me unless I changed the coordinates of the inserted point, then it stayed. Try that.
No luck, inserted point, changed it, hit OK and only 4 points on the box. Also same result with hatched box.