Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing True Threads
Chris

Thank you for that explanation - a tour de force.

I've printed it out to keep with my other DeltaCad stuff - I have a worm drive to draw soon.

Regards
John
There will be a PDF version forthcoming of this tutorial after "i44troll" refines it a bit more for that format. Wink
(02-21-2011, 05:35 AM)jw48 Wrote: Chris
Thank you for that explanation - a tour de force.

Wow John, thanks for the thumbs up, I hope I can live up to that! Maybe there should also be a tutorial on the creation of Acme threads, if that's what you are planning to be using for your worm drive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Boss, I think i am finished editing, so if you want to try your hand at assembling the tutorial into a PDF file have at it.
I'll be doing a tutorial for drawing gears as well, starting today.

Chris "i44troll"
Chris,

The attached drawing shows threads on the fill pipe that were made using your instructions. I think they look really great. Another drawing, fill pipe cap, will show internal threads and screw onto the fill pipe. I've never made internal threads before. The

Attached Files
.pdf   Fuel Tank Fill Pipe.pdf (Size: 91.62 KB / Downloads: 21)
Randy,

Beautiful! That just made my day! Thank you!

I need to do a tutorial on starting and ending threads as well. That makes the thread look even more realistic. Here's an example....

I'm in the process of the spur gear tutorial and will definitely fill you in on your hobby needs, including the required machinery and steps needed to produce spur gears.

Chris "i44troll"
Chris,

I really like the way you are starting and ending the threads. I'll update my drawings when your tutorial is ready.

Your spur gear tutorial is going to be fun to do and I enjoy learning more about DC and machining.

RandyN
"RandyN",

I'll be creating a PDF version of the 'Spur Gear' tutorial, as I'm currently doing with the 'Drawing True Threads' tutorial. Hopefully I'll have the PDF version of the later posted-up today. Smile

P.S. Discussion of the Spur Gear tutorial should continue <here> and not in this thread. Doing so will help to keep such discussions better organized and easier to follow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drawing a TRUE Involute spur Gear Admin 1 11 9,586 08-13-2017, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Brock