Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebony or Ivory?
Recently, while working at another division of our company-in the engineering department, I noticed everyone using AutoCad with a black background. I decided to try that myself in DeltaCad. I find it's a nice change and somewhat easier on the eyes if I'm using it a lot. What's cool is the printing aspect doesn't change, just the view. Ebony or Ivory?

Kevin

Note from "The Boss":
This thread was originally posted in the "Break Room Talk" forum. Moved here when this forum was created to maintain tutorial comment protocol.
Sparky,
That sounds like a good one for the "Tutorials" Forum. A "walk through" on how to change from the standard white background to black. Give it a shot.

I've never tried or even thought of doing that. I know my eyes get "itchy" after staring at a mostly white screen for hours on end. Good idea.Smile

Chris
The Boss Wrote:Sparky,
That sounds like a good one for the "Tutorials" Forum. A "walk through" on how to change from the standard white background to black. Give it a shot.

I've never tried or even thought of doing that. I know my eyes get "itchy" after staring at a mostly white screen for hours on end. Good idea.Smile

Chris
Later today I may get to that. I'm at work now.Cool
Smile 
Good job on the background change Tutorial. I didn't even realize we had that option. See, I don't know everything. Thanks Sparky!
If you use different colored lines for layout temporary layout lines for different things, it's easier to distinguish shades and pale colors easier with a black background.
cheez,
That's a very good reason to use a black background. Those light greens and grays can be very difficult to see on a white background.

Great suggestion!Big Grin