Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
horizontal Text Scaling?
I have noticed that if I enter a text that is say 4 inch long (scale of drawing area is 1.0 )that as you zoom in or out that it doesn't scale properly in the horizontal. Is this correct?

To test this I put a rectangular box around the text (I used 12 points) such that the end of the box are close to the end of the text letters. When I zooming in or out some of the end letters move out side the box boundaries. For example if I used the word
RandyN,

You are correct! However, I don't think that Deltacad adjusts text quite the same way that it does lines and arcs when viewing or printing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
there is one way that I know you will be successful at preventing text from going beyond you box boundaries. Try doing this.......
  • Place your text using either the "single" or "double" line text function.
  • Go to your edit tab then click on the text to edit
  • Place your maximum width in the "width" box
I think you'll notice after you do this that there will still be a slight fluctuation in the text as you view up and down, but it will NEVER go past the boundaries you have placed. (I have spent the last 5 minutes trying it myself!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I do alot of text placement in my CNC drawings used for router "sign" work. One of the ways that I like to use text to get an EXACT size is to create the text THEN convert it to lines (from edit mode as above) then scale it to perfect size and position. The only problem doing it this way is that your text is NO LONGER TEXT and you lose the color fill and the ability to change the wording as a result. For more information on this see the thread Confused!!!!!

Hope this helps!

Chris "i44troll"
Thanks Chris
(02-28-2011, 04:25 PM)RandyN Wrote: I had used your method of creating threads

Great! If you could attach your finished picture to a post I would love to see it! I want to make sure that the instruction is clear as well, did you have any problems?

Chris "i44troll"

Thanks... I tried to do this but it did not seem to help... Any other thoughts?