Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dimensions in ft-inches
Is there a way to have the dimensions show ft-inches rather than just inches?
The dimensions are available in both decimal inch and fractional measurements, you need to use the drop-down box to open the full selection of formats.

Thanks. I am an occasional user and didn't scroll down the drop-down box.
Newbie,
1/4"-1' drawing scale.
When I entered dimensions in decimals, it shows correctly x.xx units. Units correspond to feet.
When I changed the dimension drop down box, it comes up with a measurement that does not make sense.
i.e 28.50 units using .1 equals 2'-5" using 4'3" in the dorp down.

confused
mark
Mark, please use the larger "New Reply" button, rather than the smaller "Reply" button when responding to a post directly above. Thanks.

In regard to your situation with dimensions, you need to select, as your default desired format, before you add any dimensions to your drawing.

Due to a number of recent updates, we may be able to help you better if you let us know what version of DeltaCad you're using.

FYI, most of us here are using Version 7 with all patches since it's release applied to it. I would recommend that you download and use the 45-day fully functional version 7. However, if you have a prior paid version, DO NOT install it in to that same folder! Doing so will likely over-write your paid version of DeltaCad.
I am using version 7. Just downloaded it yesterday.
Cool program.
This is my first drawing, so I'm discovering what has to happen first, etc. I am sure as the defaults get modified to suit my projects a lot of these issues will dissappear.

Do you fly? <(see my answer here)
mark
Quote:...When I changed the dimension drop down box, it comes up with a measurement that does not make sense.
i.e 28.50 units using .1 equals 2'-5" using 4'3" in the dorp down.

Ahhh!...but it DOES make sense Mark! Here's why....

1. Your dimension "discrimination" (smallest measurable unit) is 1" (because of the chosen (4'3") format).
  2. This means that all units that are less than 1" will automatically be rounded to the nearest 1"
  3. 28.50 is equivalent to 2'- 4 1/2"
  4. therefore the number had to be rounded to the nearest inch (2'-5") because of the chosen format!
  5. Had you chosen the 4'-3 1/2" format your dimension would have shown to be 2'- 4 1/2"

Chris "i44troll"
I think I understand.
I thought the drawing scale of 1/4" to 1' meant I would be entering my dimensions in feet. Instead I was entering inches.

Any way to convert to feet once drawn?

mark
Quote:Any way to convert to feet once drawn?

The new Version 8 boasts of that capability, although I have yet to try it.
The values of objects can be entered as feet and inches

5' 4 1/2" = 5' 4 1/2 = 5' 4.5 = 64.5
 Use the single quote for feet and double quote as inches. The double quote can be left off, the value after the single quote will be read as feet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educate me... Dimensions in feet and inches badhorse 8 5,072 10-29-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Entering a line length using feet/inches mstone 4 2,812 03-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Last Post: mstone