Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issue Mac OS 11.0.1
DeltaCad will not start under Mac OS 11.0.1. Anybody else experience this? Anybody have any advice?

Thanks,
Jack
Hi Jack,

I wish I could help but I'm a PC person, so I wouldn't have a clue. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Best of luck.
Did you contact < Midnight Software > ?

Did you use DeltaCad using Mac OS X version?
Did you recently upgrade to Mac OS 11.0.1, you might be able to downgrade back to Mac OS X
Make sure you have your DeltaCad registration codes and receipt, you might have to reinstall DeltaCad.
Same issue here, I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Big Sur over the weekend (11/14/20) and now DeltaCad will not launch. I've been using DC for several years with no problems and it still works on my older MacBook Air, I can even access the files that are on the Pro while using the Air over my network. There is definitely a conflict with DC and the new Mac OS.

I went to the DC website on Monday (11/16) and there were 'patches' for DC version 10 and version 8. Unfortunately they were .exe files and would not open on a Mac. Links for the patches are no longer available on the DC site so hopefully they are working on a fix for Mac.

My DeltaCad version is 8.0.21 purchased from the Mac App Store and I've even re-downloaded that version to see if it would make any difference. It didn't.
It definitely sounds like you need to contact [ Midnight Software ].
I never thought about the patches for Mac's, the patch page doesn't says they are for PCs or Mac's.
I have sent two messages to Midnight Software and haven't heard back. Thanks.
I just checked the Mac App Store and an update is available for DeltaCad. Version 8.0.22 and it works on Mac OS 11.0.1 aka Big Sur.