Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Measure Object? (re-posted from Email)
rddavis Wrote:I find DeltaCad a very valuable program and use it for many purposes. I am not a computer expert and have an issue I need help with.

The only way I know to determine the length of a line is to draw a dimension of it. I know you have a macro which will do that for me but cannot figure out how to run it properly.

Is there a way I can get a step by step recipe to running this particular macro and then hopefully expand into using other macros?

Any help you can offer will be very appreciated.

Russ Davis

(I've sent Russ a link to this thread for answers to his question.)
Russ,

As far as I know, there is no Macro included in DeltaCad or posted on our pages that measures lines.

With that said, if you want to draw a line to a specific length, if I understand your question correctly, you need to enter value in the input area at the bottom where it asks for either the length (vertical/horizontal line mode - one value) or the offset (angled line mode - two values separated by a comma) to draw a line from it's starting point to a specific length or offset point.

By starting and dragging a line to some random point will always require you to use the dimension function to measure it. Subsequently any randomly placed angled line will always require you to use the dimension tool to measure that angled line's length.

Alternately, you can monitor a line's actual length, as displayed and changed at the bottom while dragging it and before clicking again to set it's final endpoint. Note: The accuracy of that value will be determined by the current view/zoom scale value, of which, btw, can be adjusted up or down on-the-fly in the box next to that displayed value.

I hope this was helpful. However, if this doesn't answer your question, please ask again and try to be more specific.
Russ,

If you don't want to add dimension lines to your drawing are you just wanting to know what the length of a line is? What are you trying to accomplish...or...what is the 'issue' ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the name of the macro you are using? I don't know of any macro that applies a measured value.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you just want to know a length without adding any additional dimension lines to your drawing you can select 'edit' from the 'edit tab' and read the results from the dialog box as pictured below.

Other than this there are no other options given the information supplied.

Chris 'i44troll'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to measure line length in DeltaCAD? FerociousCAD 4 5,416 07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Last Post: FerociousCAD