Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Group nesting tutorial
Chris i44troll

I've just worked through your tutorial on Group Nesting. Although I've used Groups on many occasions I had no idea they could be used in this way. One or two of the dialogs I'd never even seen before in several years of using DeltaCad!

Thanks for providing these excellent Tutorials.

John
There are times when I find myself exploring each area of Deltacad to see if there is anything that I haven't used or seen. When something like that is dug up it makes me think that there is so much more that I haven't found that can be equally useful. What comes to light, though, is that these "gems" are usually hidden among other simple features and their uses are not always fully explained in the help file. Well, that's what we're here for!
Thanks for doing this tutorial.

A couple of weeks ago I didn't know what a group was nor how to use it. . . I do now. Again Thanks.

RandyN
Thanks Randy, the "group" feature is so useful when used the way it was intended.

chris
Chris (i44troll)

I was re-reading this tutorial and I note that your first posting seems somehow to have become truncated, finishing abruptly with 'the teeth were then rotated 360'.  Another clue - in your second entry you quote from a non-existent part of the first.

I wonder what's happened?  It all rings a faint bell - perhaps we've been here before.

The tutorial is so good - any chance of replacing the missing bits?  This is assuming I'm not talking out of the top of my head.

John
Yeah, something happened that wasn't caught until later. Chris had already brought that up a year or so ago. I'll might have time to do it now (off for a month)

Chris (i44troll)
Yea, I think there was an interruption to our server that caused his partial post. Otherwise I would've created and posted a PDF version of it.

Chris - "The Boss"

P.S. Please keep in mind that some threads and posts will tend to vanish over time due to our forum's 'self-cleaning' feature settings.
Views and/or replies seem to keep those 'old threads' alive and therefore prevent them from being auto-deleted. But honestly, I'm not really sure.