Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scaling Frustration !
Hi Great People,

I see this topic has been discussed in previous threads, but for a guy from Australia (yes we live in metric land !), scale setup can become a bit confusing.

Simply, I wish to have two scales in Millimetres, 1:200 and 1:100 for scale printing on landscape A3 size paper.

Any help on the actual settings for Deltacad will be appreciated immensely !!

Cheers

Mario

Hello Great "OZ" Wink

Your request is not as hard to figure as you may think, although I think that you may be wanting to scale your landscaping drawing using "meters" instead of "millimeters" as your drawing unit. If you truly meant to use millimeters as your drawing unit to get the scale of 1:100 your drawing scale would be 2540 and for 1:200 it would be 5080 , however, both these numbers exceed Deltacads maximum drawing scale of 1000. If your drawing units were based on "meters" then to get the scale of 1:100 your drawing scale would be 2.54 and for 1:200 your drawing scale would be 5.080.
I'm sure you have read through all the threads regarding scaling but were a bit disappointed that the majority were dealing with scaling imperial units. Let me show you an easy way to get what you want just by using the scale calculator

To find the correct scale for your drawing go to....
Options> Drawing Scale> Drawing Scale Calculator

Click "OK" to accept the new drawing scale.
See how easy this is?

Have fun, and show us your stuff!

Chris "i44troll"

Wow, Mario. are we defining where to place a grass seed in the landscape? Wink

Ha-ha, I'm just kidding. Welcome to the group and what "i44troll" suggested above is exactly how to scale a drawing. However, keep in mind that you may additionally have to choose a "Print Scale" to print to a specific page size.

You can find many options, including a Print Preview button in the File>Set Print Region... menu option but first you will want to set the appropriate paper size by going into the File>Printer Setup... option and selecting "A3" in the paper size drop-down menu, if it's available for your printer.

On a side note, you may want to consider printing it either horizontally or vertically, depending on the most efficient use of page/paper space based on your landscape design.

As "i44troll" said, please do send in & share some of your landscape design drawings and/or post some pictures of your work in our "Show Off Your Stuff" forum. Tongue

P.S.
Just curious "Mario OZ"-- Why didn't you check "Landscaping/..." as one of your usages for DeltaCad when you signed up? Huh
Mario,
Did this answer your question or were you asking about print scaling as well?