Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Scale help...I'm new to Deltacad
Hi,

Im an old-school draftsman with a bunch of years on a drawing board, t-square, etc. I am designing speaker cabinets now for a living, and need the option of making quick changes to my designs. On a normal speaker drawing, I use a scale of 3/8"=1". I have chosen the Size D template to start with. Here are my questions....

1: How do I set my software to the 3/8"=1" scale.
2: Is this the correct best template for a drawing of this scale. This drawing is for a subwoofer design where the box will be approximately 26"x24"x17". I basically need 1-2 views per page.

Any help you give this old guy would be appreciated. Gotta get away from the table sooner than later!

Thanks,

Scott
Welcome to the group Scott!

There are a few ways to initially set your scale in Deltacad. The first way is to select a new scale when you start a new drawing and the second is to select "drawing scale" from the options menu. There are several other ways but these are the two most used. The default scale that Deltacad starts with is 1:1, or just simply "1".

1) Drawing scale is calculated by dividing the number of drawing units to be displayed by the distance to display the drawing units (in inches).

Therefore the scale number used for 3/8"=1" would be .375, because "3/8" divided by "1" = .375. It really is that simple!

2) As for your second question................
Will you be printing this on letter sized paper, or will you be using a large scale plotter?

Chris "i44troll"