Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for... v4.0
Hi all, I'm new to this board.
I'm posting my (somehow strange, I know) request here because I need help with the software itself.
Let me explain: I have an old Pc running Windows 98 on which many, many years ago I installed the v4.0 demo, then the Pc was simply 'forgotten' until a few weeks ago. So, I installed v7 on it, but it runs with some graphic issues, and it's painfully slow. With demo v3 or v4.0 it becomes useable again, but I like v4 more because it adds some new features. So, I know it seems a strange request, but I ask you: anyone here still has the v4.0?

Thank you for your time.

Regards
"benoo", I have my original version 3 on CD but you would have to cover shipping costs plus a little more for me to give it up.

DeltaCad Version 7 should run just fine on Windows 7 but my guess is that your "old PC" isn't up to the minnimum recommended specs for running Windows 7.

I would suggest downgrading your OS to Windows XP, which is much-much less demanding than Windows 7. Otherwise, you could try adding substantially more RAM and a larger Hard-drive as most PCs running Windows 98 typically had 1GB or less of RAM installed and extremely small HDs in them, by today's standards.

If I installed Windows 7 on my old PC, I would only have 4-Gigs left to store everything else. Ironically, That would be 1-Gig less than we have allotted for running this website.
Hello benoo

DeltaCad V4 is offered here

But be careful....!

Regards
John
Agreed... Who knows what kind of hacks may be incorporated into the old versions distributed by third parties.

"User Beware", as it were, right?

"jw48", Do you trust ALL of the downloads that that site offers? Undecided

Anyway, as that is still ONLY a trial version of version 4.0, given that ALL TRIAL versions of DC have always been free and fully functional, it will still have to be uninstalled and then reinstalled every 45-days for it to continue to be fully functional again.

If you can do what you want to do in 45-days, good for you. But I would suggest buying whatever fully-approved version of DeltaCad that is required to suite your needs! I'm quite sure you won't regret.

FYI: That's not a sales pitch as this site does not profit in anyway from the sales of DeltaCad software. (I kinda wish we could but, alas, we don't!)
Thank you all for answering!

Actually the 'old pc' is a Pentium III 1.2 Ghz with 38 giB hard disk.
Nice to find a so old trial still going over the net, I could give it a try.