Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Unknown Object Type 254
I spent about 4 hours on a drawing and after saving it I went back the next day to work on it a little more and it will not load. The error message is Unknown Object Type 254 and then another message saying that DC is unable to load the file, error in reading file. I am using the Mac version of DC on my Mac.

Any suggestions or is the file totally corrupted? Any idea what causes this type of problem and how to prevent it from happening again?

Thank you!
"Glafaille",

Please use the 'Contact Us' link on the www.DeltaCad.com site to ask this question.

Typically it's beyond the scope of our DCUG forum members to sort-out such possible DeltaCad software issues. Sorry.

I think I figured the problem out. I loaded a pdf file to trace. The pdf loaded fine and I was able to trace over it fine but when I saved the file I was working on, the pdf was part of my work. I thimk that Delta Cad did not know what to do with the pdf file and caused a problem with the save function. When I went back to open the file I received the error message. Using jpeg file format instead of pdf seems to have eliminated the problem.

Moral of the story is to conver pdf files to jpeg before loading into Delta Cad.
Thumbs Up 
Glafaille, that would be a good one for our Hints and Tips forum. I'll let you write it up so you get full credit for posting it. Wink