Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the size of a rectangle?
Smile 
OK, after drawing a rectangle which is 2' X 10', I find that I want the rectangle to be 1' longer. I assume there is some way to "grab" a corner of the rectangle and drag it out to be 2' X 11'? But I can't figure out an easy way to do it.

The only way I have found is to click on the properties of the rectangle and manually type in the two of the coordinates to make the rectangle 1' longer. Is there an easier way to lengthen an existing rectangle?

As is obvious; I am very new to this forum and DeltaCad. But I bought the software a year ago and I am now determine to learn how to use it.

Thanks for any help,
Brad
No 'grabbing' in Deltacad Brad, but you might want to try using the 'draw a parallel line' function within the 'line' tab. Simply select the line that you want to offset, then move your mouse to the side you want it to be offset to, then type in the offset distance and press ENTER. You will need to lengthen the two remaining lines to create the corners and delete the original line.
There are several other ways to get the same results but might not save you any more mouse-clicks to get you there.
I was actually surprised that you used the properties of the rectangle to edit the rectangle. Most people would not have thought of that as a solution even though it very clearly is.
Keep playing with it, you're definitely on the right track! Smile

Chris "i44troll"
Hey, thanks for the help and quick response. I will try what you sugested. I'm still on the very steep end of the DeltaCad learnin' curve. Smile

Brad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drawing a simple rectangle... kopter6 4 3,202 03-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO