Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new patch
Chris, Just downloaded and installed the new patch, messed me up.

First, the "recent" files, the ones I've been working on last weren't listed in the "File" menu.

Second, it seems as though I've lost the ability to "Snap" to the grid.

Third, the cross hairs and the point of the curser arrow don't line up. The distance sepeprating the cross hairs and the curser arrow point varies with magnification.

That's all so far, hope there's a fix.

Wierd, williamj
Bill

I see my 'recent' files, but I agree that the 'Snap to Grid' appears to be broken and the cursor/crosshairs don't seem to be very good friends. As I never normally use the grid I can't confirm how things were before but something is surely amiss.

I installed the new patch without deleting the old version, which is what I've always done (after all, it is a 'patch') and this has never given any trouble before so I think that can be ruled out.

As an experiment I'd like to try installing an old version, but these updates are usually so reliable that I don't keep old versions. Anybody not yet on the new patch - can you describe behaviour of 'Snap to Grid' please?

Regards
John
Good catch on the grid Bill! I'm like John on that one, I rarely use it (actually, i've NEVER used it for anything) I, like John, have not lost the ability to see my previous files. I also haven't seen any change in my cross-hairs. May I suggest that we take a week or so before contacting Midnight software? We might run into other problems as well.

Chris
John, Chris,

I live and breath by the "Grid". Usually I just set a small "cross hair" and work from there, (never got the hang of using grid co-ordinants) As far as "snap behaviour" goes, there isn't any. There's absolutely no snap what-so-ever. Some thing else about "my" grid, when I start DeltaCad the worksheet comes up without grid. I go "Options" + "Grid" and in the pop-up menu the "Show Grid" is still checked. I select "Cancel" the pop-up menu disapears and "Wha La!" there's the grid. Figure that one out! :/

I'm still able to "File" + "Open" any .dc file. It's just nice to have the most recently worked on files (4) in the "File" menu.

Will give it time as suggested, but if all else fails I will simply save all my .dc files and delete this DeltaCad and re-install.

williamj
To explain better what I'm seeing, I only see 'recent' files opened since the installation of the patch, not those from before. I would consider this acceptable. The 'Snap to Grid' I'm sure is broken (amazing what ten minutes spent musing over a glass of beer and recollecting how it used to work will do).

John
(08-29-2012, 03:21 PM)jw48 Wrote: To explain better what I'm seeing, I only see 'recent' files opened since the installation of the patch, not those from before. I would consider this acceptable. The 'Snap to Grid' I'm sure is broken (amazing what ten minutes spent musing over a glass of beer and recollecting how it used to work will do).

John

Beer? Beer??? Someone say Beer????

Okay,

This is getting stranger and stranger... I go to "Grid Startup Options" and everything's the same except for "Grid Spacing"... first coupl of times it 0.0000 for X and (hold on to your hats) it's -168553273473950090000000000000.0000 for Y. That lasted three of four trips to "Grid Startup Options". Now for the last two or three times it's been 0.0000 for X and 0.0000 for Y. I generally work with a .25 for both X and Y.

got me worried :/
williamj