Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIDEO PROBLEMS
I think I may have a problem with my video driver that only appears in DeltaCad. When I scroll or zoom, it sometimes draws an incomplete screen. If I print the drawing, it prints everything that should be on screen. My video driver is up to date, but I still have the problem.

The quick fix is to grab the first LINE TOOL. Anchor the first point in the top left corner. Then sweep the cursor (without anchoring the second point) from the top right, to bottom right, then bottom left. The drawing comes back as the line crosses the screen. It's almost like a radar screen when it reappears. No need to anchor the second point, you'll just have to erase the line anyway.
Cheez,
That's an odd situation indeed. Have you tried reinstalling DeltaCad to resolve the issue? Alternately, you could contact Midnight Software Inc. for support assistance.

You can go to there DeltaCad website by clicking their icon in our banner on the main page.
Copied from "Complaint Department"

Cheez wrote:

My old version of DeltaCad worked fine on my old XP machine. When I got my Vista machine, I got the the video problem with DeltaCad. I got DeltaCad 6.0 and still have the same problem. 6.0 works fine on my old Windows98 laptop. I talked to the DeltaCad people. They said it was probably my video driver. I think I'll have to talk to the people that made the video driver. I know the driver is up to date, but maybe they still have a bug in it.
Well, I guess it's a Vista or video driver issue and not a DeltaCad issue.

Unfortunately I've heard of incompatibility issues regarding Vista and hardware drivers. This is one of those times that either Microsoft or the hardware manufacturer needs to resolve. I've heard of this happening even with drivers that are supposed to work with Vista. When Microsoft releases a new OS, it's usually buggier than an old log. With Vista, it's even worse, as some programs that worked great in XP or earlier OS's just don't get along well with Vista. DeltaCad claims it is compatible so, I'd be watching for Vista and/or driver updates.

Just a thought, and highly unlikely, but it could also be a memory issue. Either video RAM or system RAM, that may not be working correctly. See if you can do a full RAM test to see if there may be a defective chip. All it takes is one missing byte or bit to cause a lock during a RAM read or write operation.

I hope you can get it working correctly on your Vista machine soon.
The problem was the video driver. Eventually it was updated and the problem solved.
Thanks for the follow-up, cheez.

I'm glad it has been resolved.

Hopefully this will help others that may experience a similar problem.