Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Setting print area
I made a drawing that I wanted to print full size,ie: 1/1. The drawing would require two pages to print. The set print region screen showed eight pages, with my drawing occupying, actually, four of them, since it split the drawing in approximately four pieces longitudinally and vertically. I couldn't, st first, successfully move the drawing using the print area section of the window. I did manage to nudge it down onto just two of the pages, but the print window still showed eight pages. Printing this got me the eight pages, with the drawing occupying two of them, the rest blank except for A tiny "DeltaCad Demo" signature at the bottom of each page.
In short, printing with the demo version sucks so far. Will it get better if I buy it?Huh
Hello suncoaster. Welcome to the group.

It's a long time since I used the demo version, but to the best of my knowledge it's fully functional.

I tried to reproduce the situation you describe. Are you sure that your drawing has no items outside the drawing itself? It's very easy, especially when trying out DeltaCad, to finish up with unwanted items which are well away from the actual drawing - Points are Number One suspect as you may not notice them. To check this, if you do 'View|All' does your drawing occupy all the screen? This is the only way I could replicate the problem as you describe it, but I may be missing something.

As you want to print full size the whole of a drawing which covers more than one sheet, under 'Set Print Region|Select Print Region' the Default Print Region should suffice, with the Print Scale set to 1.

If you search for 'scale' there's a lot of useful information on the forum on this somewhat confusing subject.

Regards
John
Hi John. Thanks for your reply.

I queried the DeltaCad people, sending a copy of my drawing along. I got a prompt reply in which he pointed out that my print region-the default one-was too big. Well, I zoomed out on the drawing and sure enough, the default printe region actually covers quite a bit more than I need, to print the drawing on two pages and, in fact, requires a minimum of 6 pages, even though there's nothing on four of them. I managed to come up with a custom print region covering only the drawing, but doing this was extremely painstaking: you need to alter the "dimensions" settings in the 'set region' window. But, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do this, though I'm sure there is one. I asked the DeltaCad guy about it and will relate his reply here, when I get it.

Tracy
---and here it is quoted from his email:

The quickest way to set the print region is to use the Select function.
Pick the "S" toolbar button on the Select toolbar tab, then click the mouse
at the lower left, then the upper right area you want to print. Then pick
Set Print Region from the File menu, and pick the "Set to Last select"
button. This will set the left,right,top,bottom setting to the rectangle
that was selected. Then pick OK to exit the print region window, and pick
the ESC key to unselect all.

I nearly got that myself, because it's in the help file, but I misread it and selected the drawing itself instead of a rectangle surrounding the drawing. If there's a way to screw up, I'll find it. Is there a "DeltaCad for Dummies" book?

Thanks for your help.
Hello Tracy

Glad you got the problem sorted, and thanks for keeping us informed.

Regards
John

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dimension/Area has stopped working Carbonman 3 476 03-01-2022, 12:24 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO