Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aligning Objects
Is there a way to have multiple objects selected, but not yet grouped, to aligned to a common point or plane?
Yes and No.

Please read the Help file included with DeltaCad.

FYI: Not to be rude, but we typically do not answer questions that are already answered in DeltaCad's integrated documentation.
Looked for it before posting, can't find it.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Mark.

I may be mistaken but I think what you are looking for is to set a new base point.

Select the objects you want.

While still the in "Select" tab click on the "Select base point for selected objects" button.

Left mouse click at the location for new base point within your selection.

While still the in "Select" tab click on the "Move selected object" button.

Move selected object.

(Instead of using the mouse, new co-ordinates can also be keyed in using the text input spaces provided at the left end of the status bar.)

The object will be placed according to the position of the new base point. You will have to repeat the process every time you want to move a selection in this manner. The new base point will not be retained.

Hope this helps,
williamj
Mark,

Pressing the F1 function key on your keyboard AFTER you select any drawing or editing button will actually take you to a bookmarked section in Deltacad's Help, otherwise, you can browse through the HELP menu at the top of the program.
Typically, Deltacad treats editing and selecting like other popular word processors so that users don't have to jump through burning hoops to learn the software. All text is edited/selected using these standard word processing concessions.
Objects like lines, arcs, circles, splines, shapes, etc. are either selected individually by left clicking on the mouse or by "windowing" groups that fall within that windowed selection. Additional objects may be added by holding down the CTRL (control) keyboard key and clicking additional objects which will then add them to the group. bear in mind that you can not select objects without having chosen the SELECT button within the "select tab" first. (this is because your mouse draws objects by default and must be changed from a drawing tool to a selection tool)
In my opinion it is much easier to select all objects first, create a base point (within the "select" tab), then group all of those objects. After those objects are placed you simply ungroup the objects bringing them back to their normal state. ("edit" tab>"E" (..for EDIT)>click on the group>choose "ungroup" from the dialog box). doing it in this way will keep you from losing any portion of your selection while trying to move your "Quasi-group" into place. Just saying....

hope this helps!

Chris "i44troll"