Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Symbol Scaling
Can I enlarge or reduce the size of a symbol without changing the drawing scale?
Sure, simply place the symbol on your work-space, then go to the "select" tab and choose the select (S) button then window the symbol to select it. Choose the scale (Sc) button to enter the scale factor.

The scale factor is a ratio, therefore you can use it to increase or decrease selected objects. A scale factor greater than 1 will increase the size of the selection while a scale factor less than 1 will decrease it. A scale factor represented by "2" would yield a 2/1 ratio in size (exactly twice the size) whereas a scale factor of ".5" would yield a ratio of .5/1 (1/2 the size).
You can change an objects size to any wanted dimension by knowing the measured value of any line, arc, or circle of your object (or in this case "symbol") then using a scale factor of that dimension with the preferred object size to make the size EXACTLY what you want it to be.
Here's an example....
Let's say your symbol file is a circle that is 1.250 in diameter, but you want to change it to a perfect 2" circle. Since you want to INCREASE the size of the symbol you must enter a factor that is greater than 1. The number that you will use will be typed in at the prompt as "2/1.250" (which is the desired size divided by the original size) to make your new size exactly 2" in diameter. It's really that simple!

Hope this helps!
Chris "i44troll"
Chris, your tops!!
Thanks to you and all for the great tips.
I belong to a few aviation forums and what a difference on DeltaCad
No preaching or sermons, just the facts

Thanks again for the help
mark
Big Grin 
Here's some preaching for you Mark....
"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Angel -Proverbs 23:12

Ha!
Reverend Chris, so happy to meet you sir, Smile
Bill, I hope you are laying prostrate in a reverent manner while in my presence as this is the true and acceptable way to address me.....Well?... Are You? Big Grin
yes sir yes sir
Good then!....You may carry on Sleepy
carrying on... exit stage left!
Consider yourselves lucky that I didn't do a little preaching about your off-topic chit-chat here myself. I let it ride only because you were having fun with Mark's compliment about our friendly forums. I may 'clean-up' this thread in the future, but for now I'll let it go. Wink

-- How's that for preaching? Tongue