Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Symbols
How do i find and import weld symbols? Do i put them in symbols folder?
Robert,

Do a "Google" search for "weld symbols dwg file". I just did it after reading your post and got lots of hits. I chose one and it had a small list of files to download. I have DeltaCad as my default program for dwg files and when I downloaded a weld symbol file it went right into DeltaCad. From there all you have to do is save the individual symbols as a DeltaCad symbol and you done.

If you're not sure how to save objects as DeltaCad symbols just ask.

hope this helps,
williamj
(05-01-2013, 08:40 PM)williamj Wrote: Robert,

Do a "Google" search for "weld symbols dwg file". I just did it after reading your post and got lots of hits. I chose one and it had a small list of files to download. I have DeltaCad as my default program for dwg files and when I downloaded a weld symbol file it went right into DeltaCad. From there all you have to do is save the individual symbols as a DeltaCad symbol and you done.

If you're not sure how to save objects as DeltaCad symbols just ask.

hope this helps,
williamj

Dear Robert,

Can you welp me please?? I have problems when I open a DWG file in Delta Cad, I can see the drawing just in the fourth quadrant of the screen. I work in MAC. You know something about that?

Thanks!!!
Miguel Angel
See if all your levels are turned on. If there is an object in a level that is turned off, the screen will still zoom as if it is there.
Another thing to watch for when importing CAD files is if entities are converted to GROUPS, 
they can be UNGROUPED with the EDIT option ( CTRL+E ).  This sometimes gives problems when viewing all objects ( CTRL+A )
If there is some kind of invisible object causing the problem you can select and copy the good objects to the clipboard then open a new drawing and paste them back in to remove any bad objects.
Another thing to watch for is having a WHITE objects on a WHITE screen. Use the SELECT OBJECTS to find these objects, you may have to ZOOM OUT a little.