Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Symbols pasting on wrong layer
Pulling my hair out here... I have a floor plan with multiple layers for two stories, fixtures, furniture, etc... I started trying to place door symbols on my "second floor" layer and thought they were not pasting at all. Went back to the first floor "default" layer and found all the symbols there.

I have reproduced this several times... no matter which layer is current, and no matter how many or how few layers are visible, every symbol pastes onto the default layer.

Then I go find it, select it, "Change Layer" to the one I want, and it stays.

Using DC version 7 with latest patch.

Huh

I'm sure it's something simple. Try not to laugh too loud... Thanks in advance.
Hello Brewster

I soon stopped laughing!

As I don't use symbols this is all new territory to me, but after experimenting for half an hour I confirm the behavior you describe.

Objects (lines, circles, etc) go to the selected layer; symbols go to the default layer always, but can be moved to the desired layer afterwards.

It's very strange. Anybody else?

Using Version 8

Regards
John
Haven't tried this yet, but it looks like the answer:

Options
Options
Pasting Options
Current Layer

Regards
John
That's right John. I ran into this problem before explained in this thread

Chris "i44troll"
Oops! Nothing new under the sun!

Regards
John
Gentlemen,
Thanks so much for your quick replies. That was indeed the issue. I did look in the "options" menu before posting... but I missed the "paste options" because I didn't do Options, options.

I also searched the forum but I guess my search terms weren't good enough to pull up the prior thread.

Thanks once again for the timely help. Next time, I'll try to come up with something more original...Blush

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Layer and Layer Object Color IanL 1 1,868 06-23-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: AlwMVMO
  Pasting Symbols into sheet w/ Diff Scale Mark Chase 5 4,957 11-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: AlwMVMO