Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pasting scheen shots many times after zooms
I am trying to paste many screen shots to create a flowchart of a program. Because I zoom in and out between pastes the screens are not the same size. I recall that several years ago I had the same problem and setting the scale a special way solved the problem. However, I can not remember how to do it. I have tried several ways but nothing works. Any help?
Hi Tom and welcome to the group.

I would suggest that you just use the File Menu > Export option and export as a JPEG or a BMP rather than doing screen shot copies of which are dependent on your screen's resolution. Afterwards you can refine it using the cropping and resizing features in your publishing software.

Otherwise, you should note what the Viewing Scale is between captures/zooms as indicated by the number under the word SCALE below the drawing window. That is the 'View Scale', not the 'Drawing Scale' which is set in the Options Menu > Drawing/Units... settings.
Boss,
Tom is pasting into deltacad which will do exactly what he is saying if you rotate the wheel mouse to view the pasted image. I don't know of any setting that will keep this from occurring and have looked into the options menu to see if anything new has been added in version 8. As far as I know there is nothing you can do to your settings to eliminate that problem. However, there is a solution.....
When you paste an image do not rotate your mouse wheel since your pasted image will re-size every time you do it. Instead, paste your first image, then select and paste your second (and any subsequent image) in a location to the right (or left) of the last image by typing in a new location for each image. If you notice, every time you paste an image you are prompted (bottom left of the screen) for a new location to paste to, so if you choose a new location you can paste it 10,0 for the second.... 20,0 for the third... 30,0 for the fourth, and so on. Then, when finished, you can select the view tab, then ALL to show full extents of your page and move them into position without each one being any different in size. you can also paste ON TOP of all other images without moving them at all, then move them into position after they are all imported. The solution, however, is to import your images without rotating the mouse wheel until all images have been imported.

Chris "i44troll"
Well, "i44troll", you read more into that question than I did and that's why you're my(our) #1 educator. Wink

And I do believe you are correct, after re-reading, he's pasting INTO and not from DeltaCad.

I stand corrected once again. Confused Wink
Thank you both for the help - I will give the second option a try --Tom