Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
image pinned to background
Guys,
Been using DC for about two months and love it but can find a way to do this. I want an imported picture locked onto the background so I can draw cad over the top of it and not loose it's back most layer position? If I was doing it in MS word, I would just sent to back.
Thanks for any help in advance.
John
I don't know if I am understanding the problem here. You won't lose the position of the picture unless you move or delete it. Maybe you are wanting to place it in its own layer so that you can choose to view the cad drawing by itself without the picture present without losing the ability to bring the picture back into view. Is that close?
OK here's the scenario. I can draw lines and circles over the top of the picture... so far so good. Now if I select it and move it out from under the lines and circles and then return it to it's original X,Y position, it's over the top of the lines and circles. Note: I did give the picture a layer name. How do I get it to go back under the lines?
Hi "jlscheele",

You can simply turn off the layer that the picture is residing on to 'hide' the photo. Just make sure that all your lines are being drawn on a layer other than your photo layer.
If you use individual layers you wont have to move the picture at all, just hide it.
"....draw cad over the top of an image order to trace ... in MS word, I would just sent to back."

The DeltaCad equivalent to drawing on "planes" is even easier than MS Word. Select the EDIT tab then select either Z(up arrow) or Z(down arrow) then any object you click on, while a Z is selected, will either move to the front or move to the back plane.

If you want to stack in a certain order, move the back most object to the front plane first, follow with the other planes, last object you select will be on the front plane.
Buck,
That's the ticket.
Thank you so much
John